"Dad, that was the girl from training camp wasn't it?"
"Yes."
"How the hell did you find her again?"
"I didn't really. She was sitting in the same row as us. I didn't even spot her until you scored your goal and everyone was celebrating. I looked up and there she was. Even she had tears in her eyes."
"Really?"And how did you get her to come back to the locker room with you?"
"I didn't, your mother did. Once I found out Alex was her son, I told your mom to stop at nothing to get her back there."
"Why?"
"To prove my point. Girls...any girl would be too much of a distraction for you. And this girl...Sid, she has a kid! One that is not that much younger than you! That would be a complete DISASTER! The media would eat that up! You are already under immense scrutiny. To add an older, MUCH older girlfriend with a kid into the mix your rookie season would be a huge mistake. You have worked far too hard to achieve your dreams to blow it on some girl that you clearly know nothing about."
"OK! I get it dad! God, I just said there was something about her, not that I wanted to marry her! You're going a bit ballistic don't ya think?"
"Sidney, I'm just doing what needs to be done to protect you."
"Well, I don't think you'll need to protect me from her, that's for sure. I don't think she is interested. Besides, I highly doubt that I'll see her again."
"Let's hope not."
Wow! I haven't seen my dad that worked up over something for a long time. I know he's looking out for me but Jesus Christ. Did he have to be so harsh? I have never kept anything from my dad, but this is something we can clearly not have a rational discussion about. I will be keeping any thoughts of Rebekah or any other girl for that matter to myself.
Back at Mario's, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned forever. She was sooooo beautiful! Not all made up slutty 'beautiful' either. Rebekah was naturally beautiful. Not too tall, not too short. She wasn't so skinny it was disgusting either. She looked healthy. Curves in all the right places! Her smile melted my heart the first time she smiled at me. She had the most amazing eyes I have ever seen. Most importantly, I don't think she gave a rat's ass about who I was. When she said she was happy for me, I think she genuinely was. Her voice was so soft and tender and her words so meaningful... SNAP OUT OF IT CROSBY! Dad's right. Maybe she is too old for you. I know my philosophy is age is just a number,but there has to be a limit right? I wonder how old she really is? Then there is the matter of her son. Great kid, but with all the pressure I'm under... You are a professional. No time for relationships right now anyway. I have to get this girl out of my head. But how? I never felt a connection like this before. Don't worry kid, you'll probably never see her again anyway.
1 comment:
Soooo good! Can't wait for more updates!
Post a Comment