I tried to put my recent drama with Sidney out of my mind, a task much easier said than done. I went back to my normal life which was made even more hectic with the addition of getting 2 boys to and from hockey practises and games. It's tough to manage for any family but being a single parent made it harder. I believe that when you have kids you do whatever it takes to give them the best opportunities and the best life possible. I obviously didn't have that growing up so I was going to make damn sure my boys did. All I can say is thank god for Lily and the Parkers next door! The helped me out alot. The Parkers were a charming older couple who never had any children of their own so they treated Alex and Jake like their own grandchildren. It was the closest thing they had to grandparents.
I threw myself into my work, picking up any extra shift that I could. I still managed to make it to all the Pens games, but like before didn't stick around until the end. Sidney still made a point of skating by and smiling at me, throwing a wink in every now and then, and I returned the gestures. The last few games he wasn't his normal self. Something was bothering him, the light in his eyes was gone and he barely mustered a smile for me. "Well Bekah, looks like he has gotten over you," I thought to myself. I had gotten what I wanted, so why did it hurt so much?
I left the game that night with a knot in my stomach. Something was wrong...very wrong, I could feel it. Was it Sidney? Was it me? Or was it the disappointment at the reality that Sidney had moved on?
No comments:
Post a Comment