Friday, July 25, 2008

Chapter 17

I felt my hair tickling my face and then strong hands slide down my legs til they reached my feet. I was startled and struggled to get up. The strong hands were now on my shoulders trying to keep me still and all I heard was a familiar voice whispering "shhhhhh, relax it's ok." When I finally managed to open my eyes ever so slightly, I was sure I must be dreaming.
"Sid? What? How?" I was so tired I couldn't even form a cohesive sentence.
"You didn't call," he said tenderly. "I was worried, so I came to check on you like I said I would."
I was starting to become a little more aware of my surroundings now, but I still felt like I couldn't move.
"The last thing I remember is thinking that I had to call you and grabbing my phone... but we never talked?" I asked slightly confused.
"Well that explains why you're still holding the phone in your hand," Sid said with a chuckle, "but Bekah, you were sleeping sitting up still wearing your shoes and coat!"
I looked down at myself to see that he was right. I had been so exhausted I didn't bother to undress, I just flopped on the couch.
"I'm just so tired. I don't even have the energy to move," I said as my eyes were fluttering shut again.
Sidney sat beside me on the couch.
"Well I guess it's a good thing I showed up. Come on, let's get you out of your coat and shoes."
Sid pulled one shoe off, then the other. He gently slid my coat off my arms and pulled it out from behind me.
"You still with me Bekah?"
"Hmmmmm?"
"What time do you have to work tommorrow?"
"Hmmmmm?"
"Work! Are you working tommorrow?"
"No work...day off," I managed to say without opening my eyes.
"Good. I think you might need a day off." A note of concern crept into his voice. "Bekah, where are the boys?"
"Next door with the Parkers. They're sleeping. Me too. Need to sleep."
Sid moved down to the end of the couch and grabbed one of the small pillows and put it across his legs.
"Come here sleepy head. Lay down."
He pulled me down towards him until my head was resting on his lap. Without hesitation, I curled up into a ball and snuggled in. He grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and covered me up. One hand rested with a firm hold on my arm. The other slowly and gently ran through my hair. He settled in to the corner off the couch and laid his head back letting his eyes close. He knew I was already fast asleep. Still caressing my hair he whispered, "Goodnight beautiful. Sweet dreams."

2 comments:

Lauren said...

This chapter is soooooooooo cute! More soon, please!

Anonymous said...

Love it and update soon! This story is awesome :)