"Hello?"
"Lily, I am a complete jackass!"
"Oh my god! What did you do? Wait... did you get to meet Crosby?"
"Not exactly. I did meet his dad."
"WHAT??? How did that happen? And where does the jackass part come in?"
"Slow down Lily. I'll give you the short version."
"Screw the short version! I want every juicy detail!"
I told the story in full detail. She squealed when I told her about Sidney smiling at me. And then I told her the end.
"You said What? To his father? You are an idiot. How completely moronic! You told the father of Sidney Crosby, quite possibly the best hockey player ever born that he was just ok...nothing special? Well Bekah, I can officially say that I am embarrassed to call you my friend!" she said laughing.
"Gee, thanks for your support Lil. I feel bad enough you know. Ya knowLil, there is something about that kid I just can't put my finger on."
"Like the fact that he is amazingly sexy!"
"Eeww, Lily, he's only 18 years old. He's still a kid. There is nothing sexy about a kid. No, it was something in his eyes. Almost like I could see his soul in that brief time our eyes locked."
"I don't care what you say. I would like to see any part of that boy!"
"Goodbye Lily. I'll see you tommorrow."
Sidney's POV:
"Dad, who was that girl I saw you talking to after practise?"
"Girl? Oh, I don't know, but she is certainly no fan of yours."
"What did she say?"
"Oh, I don't know. Just that Mario was the best player in the team's history and no one - including you would ever be able to replace him. Oh, and that she didn't think you were worth all the hype."
"She said all that...to you?"
" She didn't realize who I was until after. Why are we talking about this Sid. You have way to much on your plate to even worry about girls, especially one's that don't even like you."
"Gee dad, that's a bit harsh."
"Maybe, but it's the truth. You need to be completely focused here Sid. I'm so glad you are going to be living at Mario's. He'll be able to keep your head on staight."
"Yeah... whatever..." and I trailed off into my own thoughts.
She seriously didn't like me? Not that everyone in this world will, but there was just something about her. When our eyes met, I swear there was a connection there. Her eyes were so beautifully blue, like a summer sky. And I felt...something. Snap out of it Crosby! Dad's right. You need to focus. It doesn't matter anyways. It's not like you're ever going to see this girl again.
1 comment:
I really like this story a lot, I can't wait to see what happens! Thanks for updating so soon, keep writing!
Post a Comment