"Holy shit," Lily thought to herself looking around the disaster in the kitchen. "What the hell happened in here?"
She went to the family room where she found Bekah sleeping on the couch holding the picture of her brother tightly against her. She knew something terrible must have happened.
"Bekah, wake up!" she said gently shaking her.
"Hmmmm?"
"Wake up. What the hell happened here, and don't you dare say nothing because I know you'll be lying. You don't hold David's picture for no reason, now spill."
The tears began to flow freely again as I recounted the events of the past 24 hours making sure not to leave out any of the juicy details. When I was done, Lily said nothing.
"Lil, what am I supposed to do?"
She looked at me for a bit before she exploded.
"You get on the phone or down to that arena or whatever it is you have to do and you throw yourself at his feet and beg for forgiveness! You tell him that you must have been temporarily insane and that you changed your mind. What do you mean 'what do you do?' Are you fucking kidding me?"
"Will you please be serious Lil."
"I have never been more serious in my life Bekah. I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings but how long do you plan on being a victim?"
"A what?"
"A victim. I know you had a shitty life growing up and that you've suffered huge losses. And I know that Jeff was a lousy son of a bitch that doesn't deserve to breathe the same air you do, but for christ sakes Bekah! As long as you keep yourself shut down and locked away you are letting your family and that asshole win. Do you really think that hiding yourself away is honouring your grandmother or your brother's memory? Do you think they would want you to live like this?"
"Wow, that's pretty harsh don't you think? And don't tell me what my gram or my brother would have wanted for me, you don't know them!" I screamed at her and instantly began crying again.
Lily sat down beside me and put her arms around me.
"No, I didn't know them," she said softly, "but I do know you. And I'm sure that everything that is good in you came from them, because it sure as hell didn't come from your parents."
She had a point.
"Bekah, they loved you and I love you so listen good. You have what appears to be a sweet, sensitive wonderful and extremely sexy guy that cares about you and doesn't care that you have 2 kids and you just pushed him away. And he happens to be Sidney freaking Crosby! This kind of thing doesn't come along very often Bek. Are you prepared to let this opportunity pass you by? It may not come around again."
"I have to Lil. It's not even about not wanting to date anymore. Do I need to remind you that he is 18 and I am 30? That in itself is a HUGE obstacle. Not to mention that he is probably one of the most famous people in the world, he's followed everywhere he goes and he constantly has microphones and cameras shoved in his face. What kind of life is that? Not only for him but for me and the boys? I can't put myself or Alex and Jake in that kind of situation. Sid is 18 and has his whole life ahead of him. Someday he will find the right girl for him, one without all the excess baggage, and he will have forgotten that I ever existed. Trust me Lil, this is best for everyone."
"Don't you think he should be the judge of what's best for him?"
"My mind is made up Lil. I don't want to talk about Sidney Crosby anymore."
"Ok! Just one more question though. If you don't want him, can I have him? Come on friend, hook a girl up!"
"Funny Lil. Real funny."
We were both laughing hysterically.
"Thanks Lil, I needed that!"
2 comments:
I love all the updates! PLease keep writing :)
I agree - update again soon please! :)
I love the little parts with Sidney's POV
Post a Comment