It's all I can do do keep my eyes on the road and not on her. I was totally taken by surprise when she opened the door this morning. I'd never realized I hadn't seen her in 'real' clothes. She was so beautiful and she didn't even know it. I could tell it made her uncomfortable when I complimented her. Oh well, she'd better get used to it!
I snuck a peek at her sitting beside me looking out the window. I smiled to myself when I thought about the exchange we had just had at the arena. She could be so feisty and defensive at times and I loved every second of it! It's not like we were really fighting, it was more like a battle of wills with neither of us willing to concede. It was so exhilarating to be with her. It didn't matter that our relationship was not headed in the direction I wanted...yet. Mario had reminded me that starting out as friends could only be beneficial. You get to know everything about the other person; their likes, dislikes, true personality because they're not constantly trying to impress you, and most importantly, all the little quirks that drive you crazy and only come out after it's too late! You also learn if it's even possible to take the relationship to the next level. That's how he and Nathalie started out and it's turned out pretty well for them!
She looked at me and caught me staring at her. Instead of looking away like she usually would she held my gaze. Is it possible that those beautiful eyes got even more blue? They looked like little crystal clear lakes that I could see my own reflection in. Neither of us said a word yet the silence was not awkward. She gave me a little angelic smile before turning back to look out her window.
She's killing me and she's not even aware of the effect she has on me! I wanted to pull the car over and kiss those luscious lips! Snap out of it Crosby! You don't want to blow it now. You're making progress breaking down those walls. Be patient. Yeah right!
"Ready to shop Crosby?" I loved it when she used my last name!
"Sure am," I replied pulling into a parking spot.
"Good thing you wore your Reeboks 'cause you're gonna need them to keep up!"
No comments:
Post a Comment