Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sidney and Lily

In the kitchen while Bekah was downstairs...

"So Lily, you know Bekah pretty well eh?"
"I know EVERYTHING about her, but from what I understand you are quickly becoming a close second in that department."
"What do you mean?"
"Look, I don't beat around the bush so here it is. She tells me everything. I know pretty much everything that has ever happened between you two."
"Really?" I asked feeling a little embarrassed.
"If you want to get anywhere with her, you are going to need me on your side."
"What makes you think I want 'anything' with her?"
"Oh please! Bekah may be out of touch, but I'm not! You don't do a very good job of hiding your feelings for her and don't even bother trying to deny that those feeling are way more than friendship because you can see it when you look at her."
"Well Lily, you seem to be able to read people very well."
"It's a gift."
"So if I were to ask for some advise?"
"The first thing you should know is that I will never sell out my best friend. If there is something she tells me in complete confidence, you will never hear it from me. That being said, I am all for her dating, but what makes you think that you should be that guy?"
"I'm not sure what you mean?"
"If you want my help in convincing her that you should be the first guy she dates in almost seven years, you better have one hell of a sales pitch!"
"Nothing like putting a guy on the spot!"
"I hear your good under pressure!"
"Well, I don't really know if I can explain it. I haven't been able to get her out of my head since the first day I saw her at training camp. At first I thought I was interested because she wasn't interested in me and I love a challenge. But after the night at the hospital and everything that came afterwards, I realized that's not it. I know she's had a difficult life and after hearing about it, I just want to be the one to make it all better. I know it's kind of corny and no matter what I do it will never erase the past, but she is so damn amazing and she deserves someone to love her and treat her like a queen! My heart literally skips a beat every time I see her. She makes me want to be a better man. I have never felt more exhilarated or more myself than I do when I'm with her. The more I learn about her, the more things I find to love about her. And her boys are incredible...
"Ok stop! You are going to make me cry! That was a hell of a sales pitch! If you feel this way, why did you agree to just be friends?"
"What choice did I have? It was either that or not have her in my life at all and that is just not an option. I have kind of convinced myself that if we were friends and spent time together then she would eventually fall in love with me."
"Could work, but it could completely backfire if you push too hard."
"I know. I am trying really hard to hold back, but it's like the forbidden fruit. Once you have a taste you just want more. So what do you think my chances are?"
"I don't want to give you any false hope, but... you have already made a serious breakthrough! I never thought I would see the day she let a guy in her house let alone around those kids. You have definitely stirred something up in her, but one false move and she will shut down just a quickly as she opened up. She is severely broken and fragile after being married to that bastard and it's going to take alot of time and patience to work through it all. You have to take it extremely slow, make sure she knows that you're there for her, and let her decide if and when to make a move, and that's not saying she ever will. There are major stereotypes and doubts that she will have to overcome in order to be with you."
"Do you think she ever will?"
"Can't say for sure, but like I said, you've made huge progress. Now it will just be a waiting game. Can you handle it?"
"She's worth it! I am not going anywhere, no matter how long it takes!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a fabulous story...I love where you are taking it and Lily reminds me of me:)