We got back to my house at 2:45. Sid helped me carry in all the bags containing the presents I had bought for the boys, Lily, the doctor who's name I'd gotten in the secret Santa draw and of course myself too! He collapsed on the chair by the front door with a look of sheer exhaustion on his face.
"What's the matter Crosby...tired?" I asked with a smirk.
"Nope, I could go for hours yet," he said leaning his head back and closing his eyes.
"Great! 'Cause now we have to hide it all!"
"Ugh, where? Do you have room for all this stuff?"
"Might I remind you that you are the one responsible for the majority of this stuff! If it wasn't for you, I would not have bought half this stuff!!"
That cheeky grin appeared across his lips and he got a devilish look in his eyes.
"Yeah, but the kids are going to have fun Christmas morning!"
I led him to the basement and the secret hiding spot under the stairs. We packed it full and then he spotted all the boxes labelled 'Xmas decorations'.
"Wouldn't they be more decorative if they were actually out?" he laughed.
"I know," I said shaking my head in disgust at myself. "The boys have been all over me because the tree isn't up yet. I am sooooo late this year! That's our Thanksgiving tradition. We watch the football games and then decorate the tree after dinner. I've just been so busy with work I haven't thought about it much, but that is my goal for tonight."
"Football fans huh?'
"Yep, Cowboys baby!"
"You should be banned from this city for being a Dallas fan!"
"I can't help it. Troy Aikman stole my heart his rookie year and I've been a fan ever since, even after he retired I've stayed loyal to the team. I am no fairweather fan."
"Well, there's no accounting for some people's taste."
"I know eh? Like all these crazy Sidney Crosby fans! I really don't see what the big deal is."
"Ahhhhhh, memories of when we met!"
"I didn't know you were so sentimental!"
We both laughed at each other.
When we were back upstairs I looked at the clock and realized I needed to go pick Alex and Jake up from school.
"Well I hate for your day of power shopping to come to an end, but I have to go get the boys and I'm sure you have things to do. I really appreciate your help... and everything else for that matter, but I guess you should go."
"Or, I could just...stay?
1 comment:
Okay, loved his pov and this new chapter. You rock, keep on updating, this is such a great story and I can't wait to see what happens!
Post a Comment