Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sid's POV

"Holy shit Sid, you were like a mad man out there tonight! What the hell got into you?" Malone asked.
"I had a little extra motivation tonight."
Ryan headed for the showers.
"Ahhhhhh, did you have a fight with Bekah or something?" Fleury asked sitting next to me.
"No, my dad."
"Your dad! About what?"
"Bekah. He doesn't think it's a good idea for me to spend time with her. I told him that we were just friends but he thinks getting involved with her will be a distraction and I'll loose my focus."
"Just friends!" Fleury burst out laughing. "You've got it so bad for her man! Just friends, that's a good one!"
"My feelings may go deeper than that but her's don't. So right now we ARE just friends. I'd rather have that than nothing. Where the hell does he get off telling me who I can be friends with anyways?"
"What did you tell him?"
"I told him I was old enough to make my own decisions and there was no way in hell I'd stop spending time with her."
"Bet that went over well!"
"Yeah, like a lead balloon!"

"Where's Bekah?" I asked when I didn't see her or the boys waiting for me in the lounge.
"Umm, she told me to tell you that she wasn't feeling well so she left early," Nathalie informed me.
"But I'm flying home tonight! This was the last time I was going to see her before Christmas."
"She didn't know you were leaving tonight, but she did say you could call her from home if you wanted to."
"If I wanted to?" I asked her. "What's that about?"
"I don't know Sid, that's just what she said. I did get the feeling something wasn't quite right though."
"Thanks Nat."
"Ready to go home son?" my dad asked.
"Yeah, I'll be right there. I forgot something. I'll be right back."
I headed back towards the locker room and dialed her number. Come on, pick up. Shit! Voicemail.
"Hey Beks, it's me. Nat said you weren't feeling well...I was really hoping to talk to you. Well anyways, I hope you're feeling better and I'll call you tomorrow when I get home. I'll miss you guys. Give Alex and Jake a big hug from me. Talk to you soon."

I pretended to sleep on the plane on the way home so I didn't have to talk to my dad. The small talk he tried making with me during the ride to the airport was painful enough. I'm still pissed at him. Actually the truth is I couldn't sleep. I really wanted to see Bekah before I left. I didn't and now I was worried about her. And what did Nathalie mean when she said something wasn't quite right with her?

3 comments:

Kayla Elizabeth said...

Aww!! I feel bad for him!

Lauren said...

I feel so bad for him! :( Hopefully he gets a hold of her tomorrow and the truth comes out...

Sam said...

Oh, I feel bad for Sid. Hopefully they work things out and she tells him what Troy said. Please update soon.