Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chapter 51

"Holy crap! You look terrible...what are you doing here?"
"I'm sorry. I didn't know where else to go."
Lily led Sidney into her apartment. They both sat down on the couch. A blank stare occupied Sidney's face.
"She did it didn't she?" Lily asked quietly.
"You knew she was going to do this? What did she say? Tell me everything."
Lily could barely stand to see the pain that was so evident in his eyes.
"I don't know everything. All she told me was that she couldn't do it anymore. It was too much too fast for her and she had to end it."
"That's exactly what she said to me. I'm so confused. I don't know where this is all coming from. I thought we were getting closer." He ran his fingers through his already messy hair, then buried his head in his hands. "You warned me this would happen. I pushed too hard. This is all my fault."
"Stop blaming yourself Sid," Lily said rubbing his back. "It's not your fault. I'm sorry. I thought I had her convinced not to do this."
"Was I imagining all this Lily? I couldn't have been imagining the feelings between us could I?"
"No, I don't think so. I haven't seen Bekah this happy well, ever. This bullshit about being too much too fast is a crock. There is something more going on that neither of us are aware of, I'm convinced of it."
"Why would you say that?" Sidney asked hopefully.
"She hasn't been right since your last game before Christmas. I could tell something was wrong, but she wouldn't tell me anything. I thought after Christmas morning she was over it, but when she opened the pictures, she just lost it. It was confusing to me because she was talking about how great that day was, and when I told her the picture of the four of you was beautiful, she snapped! I told her if she would tell me what was going on, maybe I could help her, but she just said I couldn't help this time. She just had to end it."
"I don't get it. After last night..." he trailed off.
"What happened last night?"
"I was delayed getting back and when I finally got to her house she was already asleep. I just wanted to be with her ya know? I crawled into bed with her and just held her. She held my hand and everything! I thought we were getting somewhere, then this morning wham! Out of no where, it's over. It just doesn't make sense," Sidney said shaking his head. "What could have happened?"
"I'm baffled on that one too Sid, but it had to have been something major to have sparked this sudden change of heart."
"And you have no idea what it was?"
"I swear Sid. If I did, I would tell you. I was really rooting for you guys."
"It's soooooooooo frustrating! I could feel it when I kissed her. There is something so special between us."
"You kissed her!" Lily shrieked. "Did she kiss you back?"
"Yes! That's what I don't get! I told her if she could look me in the eye and tell me she didn't have feelings for me, I would leave her alone."
"What did she say?"
"Looked me straight in the eye and said she felt nothing. Lily, I've never felt such pain in my life. She might as well have stabbed me in the heart."
"Sid, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to tell you except she had to have been lying. I know she has feelings for you...but what I don't know, is how you feel about her?"
"Seriously? Do you really need to ask me that?"
"If I'm going to try and help you win her back, I need to know exactly what I'm fighting for."
"You'll help me try and get her back? Lily you're awesome!"
"Not so fast kid! Tell me what it is I'm fighting for."
"For us. I know we're so much happier together than we are apart."
"But how do you feel about her?"
"She is sooo important to me. I need her in my life."
"Yes, but how do you feel about her."
Sidney sat silent for a minute with a troubled look on his face, knowing he'd finally have to admit it. That trademark Sidney grin appeared across his face.
"Well Lily...I..." he paused. "I'm in love with her."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow...love this chapter and love Lily for doing the right thing and knowing that something is not okay with her best friend...update soon, please!

Lauren said...

yay for Team Lily and Sid! I'm wondering how long it will take them to connect the dots and realize Troy was involved in this...and I'm wondering how long it will take Bekah to realize she doesn't care what his dad thinks and that she loves Sid too (because she obviously does)!

More soon please! :)

CrosbysBabe87 said...

Yes
Lily is doing the right thing here.

More Soon!!!

Sam said...

Okay, Sidney and Lily need to find out that evil Troy [that's what I call him now] is the cause behind all of this drama and heartbreak. And Bekah, she needs to forget about what evil Troy said and go back to Sidney, she and her boys need him. Please post more soon! =]

Anonymous said...

Okay, at the risk of being pesky, please post soon....I miss the oh so regular updates...you have spoiled us...