"What the hell is wrong with him?" Colby asked Marc as they watched Sid throw each and every piece of his equipment at his stall.
"He's having a rough night. I'd just stay away from him if you know what's good for you. There's no talking to him when he's like this."
"Does he freak out like this often?" Colby asked as shoulder pads went flying by his head.
"No, not often. And it's never been this bad," was Marc's only reply.
Troy and Mario entered the locker room and witnessed the tantrum Sid was in the middle of. They were much more brave than the rest of the team that had abandoned ship to head to the showers. Troy and Mario headed straight for the Bermuda triangle.
"You had a pretty good game tonight son, but what is wrong with you? You need to calm yourself down, you have interviews to do."
I took a long, deep breath before speaking. "I'm not doing media tonight, I'm going to ride the bike for a while. Mario, please tell coach and the press."
"Sidney, I know I don't need to remind you of the position that your in or the responsibilities that go with it. Now get yourself ready and talk to the press."
"Fuck the press dad! I am very well aware of what is expected of me, and right now I don't give a shit. The world is not going to come to an end if I skip the media for one fucking night. Deal with it!"
"Troy, let's just leave him be for the time being? Sid, I'll let them know."
Why can't they leave me alone for one fucking night? As I headed for the bike, I realized I was to wound up for that. Weights. I went over to the machine and put 100 pounds more than I usually do on it. I had alot of aggression I could focus on the extra weight. After 10 minutes, my arms felt like they were going to rip out of their sockets so I headed for the bike. It was my solace. Any time I had something to work through, the bike was the place I could be by myself and focus.
I peddled and peddled and peddled until I could barely feel my legs anymore. I had no idea how long I'd been there until I felt a hand touch my shoulder.
"Jesus Marc, you scared the hell out of me!"
"Sorry mon ami. You've been on that thing for two hours. Don't you think it deserves a rest?"
"I didn't realize it had been that long. Is everyone gone?"
"Everyone but us."
"Why are you still here? Isn't Vero waiting for you?"
"I called and told her I was going to be late," Marc said taking a seat on the bike next to Sid. "Want to talk about it," he asked timidly.
"NO." I started to peddle again and then stopped when I looked at Marc and he was giving me that look.
"I just...I just...how could she do that Marc. I mean, it's only been three days. Three fucking days, and she brings another guy to the game?"
I couldn't tell if it was tears or sweat dripping down my face, but I really didn't care. All the raw emotions I was feeling were exploding to the surface.
"She said it was too much too fast and now she's what? Dating someone else and bring him to the game! My fucking game! Why doesn't she just drive a knife right through my heart? If she wanted to be with someone else why didn't she just tell me? I can't believe she'd throw it in my face like that! That's cold. I did what she wanted. I haven't even tried to call her. Why did she have to come here with him? I don't get it, is she deliberately trying to hurt me? What the fuck is wrong with her? What the fuck is wrong with ME? I can't believe I thought I loved her! I could never love anyone who could be so cruel."
"Are you just about done?"
"Done! I'm just getting started! I am so fucking furious right now Marc..."
"Take a breath Sid! Calm down and let's look at this rationally. You remember what that is right?"
"I'm not in the mood for your sarcasm Flower."
"Let's just look at this piece by piece. First of all, I hate to be the one to tell you, but you two weren't even together."
"Not officially no. But we were headed there."
"And love? When did that happen?!"
"Probably the first night I met her, but a little more every day I spent with her. We were getting so close up until a few days ago, then bam! Out of know where, it's over."
"And nothing out of the ordinary happened? You two didn't fight about anything?"
"No! I told you about Christmas and how great it was, and then when I came back, that was it. Done. She had been acting kinda weird before Christmas, but she said she was sick and then Christmas was fine."
"It just doesn't make sense."
"I know, that's what's so hard. Even her friend Lily thought something was off, but after she talked to her, she told me getting close to me was too much for her and she wasn't over what happened with her ex."
Now Marc was getting confused too. "Well, if that's true, why would she be dating someone else?"
"I have noooooooooooo idea. None of this makes sense and it's driving me crazy!"
"Okay, I know I don't know her that well, but in your heart of hearts, do you honestly believe that Bekah would end things with you and start dating someone else? And then bring him to a game? It doesn't sound like something she would do. She doesn't play games like other girls."
"I didn't think so either, but what other explanation is there?"
"I don't have the answer to that. Maybe you should try talking to her."
"I can't do that. She probably would talk to me anyway. She wants nothing to do with me anymore."
"Quit feeling sorry for yourself. You'll never know if you don't try. Besides, who said you actually had to talk to her. Text her. See how that goes first."
"I suppose you're right."
"Of course I'm right! That's why you keep me around!" he said getting off the bike. "Now, go home and call her. I'll see you in the morning," he said heading for the door.
"Hey Marc?"
"Oui?"
"Do you think we'll work this out?"
"Oui. I'm sure of it."
"Thanks Marc. I really appreciate everything..."
Marc held up his hand to stop me from talking. "Just work it out and get back to the old Sid."
I couldn't wait to get home to call her. What happened tonight was driving me crazy. I dialed her number. No answer, just as I suspected. My heart grew heavy in my chest. We'll try it this way then. I texted:
'We need to talk.' I waited...and waited...and waited. Finally!
'Nothing to talk about.' Was she serious?
'Explanation would be nice.'
'For what?'
'The guy...who is he???' Again I waited.
'I don't owe you an explanation and it's none of your business.'
'I think I'm entitled to something?'
'You are entitled to nothing. We are nothing. Discussion over. Please leave me alone.'
'How can you be so cruel?' I waited...and waited.
No response.
4 comments:
The suspense is killing me!!!! Poor, Sid if only he knew what was really happening. Oh, and loved the Bermuda Triangle comparision!
I'm with Aeryn; loved the Bermuda Triangle comparison, too...Intervention by someone needs to be done, and soon, please!
geez, Bekah, stop being so damn stubborn. Sid needs to show up at her house so they can duke it out lol
and the Bermuda Triangle thing was really funny!
Man, she just needs to tell the truth about whats going on.
Sid needs to just go to her house and have a little chat with her.
More Soon
Post a Comment