I closed my phone and lay in bed in the pitch black. He was right. How could I be so cruel to someone who had been nothing less than amazing to me...and my boys? I fought to hold back the tears. I was so sick of crying, sick of the drama that had enveloped my life since meeting Sidney Crosby. Granted, alot of it was my own doing, but now I was in uncharted waters. It wasn't just my own stubbornness controlling my fate, but someone I hardly knew and so far didn't care for. But we did both care for Sidney and at the end of the day, each of us believed that we were doing what was right.
I closed my eyes tightly hoping that sleep would befall my weary body, but how could I sleep when I just kept hurting this beautiful, amazing man? Quite possibly the only man I have ever truly been in love with and certainly the only man I wanted to love me back. The look of painful disappointment on his face when he spotted me in the crowd with Scott was forever etched in my mind. I was so caught up in my own fears of seeing him again, it NEVER crossed my mind that Sid might think that I was with Scott. How stupid could I be? Clearly from the texts he sent, that's exactly what he thought! What kind of monster had Troy turned me into? This is not the person I am. I would die before I ever made someone feel like they were nothing. I could only imagine what gram and David are thinking right now. They would be so ashamed of me. Hell, I ashamed of myself.
Maybe all this was a blessing in disguise. Maybe now I had hurt him enough that he could move on and find some happiness. I reeled at the thought of being responsible for causing him so much pain, but it was for the best right? Then why do I feel like I sold my soul to the devil?
Emotional exhaustion finally took over my body.
***********************************************
"All set for the game this afternoon?" I asked walking into Dylan's room around 11 am the morning of the 31st.
"You better believe it!" Scott replied with youthful exuberance. "But are you sure you can't come with me? No offence to my wife, but she doesn't know a damn thing about hockey!"
"Hey, I'm right here ya know?" Gloria scowled. "I know one thing about hockey," she said tauntingly.
"Really? And what would that be?" her husband asked.
"There are some damn fine lookin' men slapping those sticks around!"
I couldn't help but burst out into laughter at Gloria's comment to her husband. His face was priceless!
"Well there's something we haven't seen in a while," Scott said.
"What's that?" I asked.
"You laughing. Or smiling for that matter. It's about time!"
"I admit I've been in a bit of a funk lately, but cut me some slack here! I'm coming around," I said only half jokingly. "Oh, I almost forgot. It took some doing and I had to pull a few strings with it being New Year's Eve and all, but I made you two dinner reservations at this great little restaurant across from the arena. I expect you two to go out and have a great time. Bring in this new year right...with lots of faith, hope and love."
"Bekah, you are just too much! How did you do all this?" Gloria asked.
"It pays to know...people. Now get the heck going! I don't want you to miss any of the action!"
"Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough," Gloria said tenderly. "I wish there was some way we could repay you."
"That's hardly necessary. Just enjoy yourselves. Cherish being with each other. You should be with the one's you love tonight."
"I couldn't agree more," Gloria smiled, sliding her hand in her pocket to make sure that precious envelope was still safely tucked away.
"Have a happy new year guys, you deserve it."
"Same to you Bekah, same to you."
5 comments:
Ooooo... what's she going to do? I'm getting really excited, I can't wait to see what happens next! :)
This story is just wonderful, I am conpletely hooked. I wonder what Gloria is going to do, I know she has something up her sleeve. I hope everything works out - Sid and Bekah deserve to be together.
Gloria totally has something up her sleeve - YAY! More soon, please!
Hmmm, what could be in that envelope? Don't let your loyal readers wait too long to find out :)...
She totally has something going on lol.
Good update! :D
Post a Comment