"Bekah's sudden exit wouldn't have anything to do with you now would it Troy?" Mario asked him in an quiet yet accusatory tone.
Troy said nothing.
"What did you say to her Troy?"
"We simply had a conversation about how much time Sidney was spending with her and those kids."
Mario looked a little confused. "Well I know that Sidney wouldn't have told you about that so..."
A coy smile appeared across Troy's lips.
"Troy, Sidney trusted me enough to tell me how he feels about her..."
"And I trusted you to keep him on the straight and narrow!"
Mario tried to keep his cool even though Troy's comment had cut him deeply. Mario loved Sid like he was one of his own kids and to be accused of not looking out for his best interests hurt him.
"Troy, you are out of line," he said calmly. "You're acting like he's out of control drinking and partying for Christ sakes. He's just...falling in love."
"LOVE??? He's a kid, he doesn't know what love is. He is certainly not going to be in love with a thirty year old woman with two kids," Troy scoffed.
"Is that what's bothering you? Is it the age difference or the fact that she has children? Amazing children I might add."
"Both. A thirty year old should not be in a relationship with a teenager! And just how is it going to look to the fans and the sponsors to be with involved with someone with kids from a previous relationship? He has a 'wholesome' image to uphold and being involved with an older woman with children is certainly not the way to do it. It could cost him his sponsors."
"Oh...my...god! That's it! You told her that didn't you?"
"I may have said something to that effect, after I asked her to stay away from him."
"You what!?!? It all makes sense now," Mario said shaking his head. "She would never agree to stay away from him unless she thought it would hurt him.You asked her to stay away from him and she said no, so you told her it would hurt his career. Man, you are some piece of work Troy!"
"I'm protecting my son."
"No, actually you're doing the exact opposite. Bekah has been a saving grace for him. Who do you think was there for him when he got the news about the Olympics? He actually went to her for comfort instead of locking himself in his room. Do you understand how HUGE that is? And she called us to let us know he was OK and sleeping on her couch. I've spent time with her too Troy, and she is an amazing girl. If anything she is a calming and steady influence in his life, not a distraction. How do you think Sid's going to react to her being ripped out of his life? How do you think it's going to look to the sponsors when he starts playing poorly because he's heartbroken?"
"Heartbroken? That's a little over dramatic don't you think? Sidney is a professional. He'll be just fine. And I'm sure he'll be over it and moving on in no time."
"If you believe that, then you really don't know your son very well."
4 comments:
Go Mario! I like to think that Troy's not really like that in real life, but at the same time, I can totally see him going overboard with the protectiveness! I hope Mario straightens everything out - more soon please! This story is one of my favorites and I am always checking for updates!
As usual, great chapters (this one and Sid's POV); I hope Bekah and Sidney ignore Troy :) Can't wait to see what happens next...
MARIO'S THE MAN! YEAH!!! You tell him!
wooo marioo you tell him!!!
fantastic chapter btw :):)
Post a Comment