"Don't do anything stupid Bekah. Sidney is the best thing to happen to you in a long time, don't do anything you're going to regret."
That was the last thing Lily said to me before she left with the boys. I was working for the next four days before having a week off over New Year's. Alex and Jake were always excited to have sleep overs at Lily's.
I worked 16 hours the day Sid was coming home. Christmas was a rough time at Children's, and I was hoping being around the kids and their families would help take my mind off my own troubles. I spent alot of time with Dylan and his parents. It never ceased to amaze me how all these young kids had such wonderful spirits despite their circumstances. Scott and Gloria had really come a long way accepting Dylan's illness and both were actually optimistic now. I had definitely formed a close bond with the MacDonalds.
When my shift was finally over, I headed for my car. It was a beautiful, crisp night and you could actually see the stars. I checked my cell while I was waiting for the car to warm up a little. 3 missed calls. I checked my voicemail.
"Hey Beks, just letting you know we're supposed to be getting in around 6. I'll call you when we land."
We? Who was we? I was getting a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.
"Hi beautiful. It's around 7:30 and we're just getting in now. I'll be over as soon as we're settled at Mario's."
'We' had to be his family. Who else would stay at Mario's? Was Troy coming back with him to make sure I upheld my end of the deal?
His last message had a hint of annoyance to it.
"I know it's late but I'm still coming. I am just having a little difficulty getting out of the house. Can't wait to see you."
Great.
I spent the drive home going over the speech I was planning on giving him. Well thought out and very logical. All I had to do was keep from melting the second I saw him. I knew if I could just get the whole thing out I'd be okay.
I got home 20 minutes later and there was no sign of Sid. I jumped in the shower and threw on my favourite pair of flannel pj's with little penguins all over them. No make up and flannel pj's...if that didn't completely turn him off then I'm not sure what would. I made myself a cup of tea and turned on the news. 11:30 came and there was still no Sid. I couldn't wait any more. Sleep was overcoming my entire body. I locked the door and headed for my warm, comforting bed. I was out the second my head hit the pillow.
It felt like I had been asleep forever when I felt an overwhelming wave of warmth rush over my entire body and settle in behind me. A strong, muscular arm draped over my waist and a cold nose touched the nape of my neck sending a shiver through my body. That shiver was quickly replaced with the most amazing tingling sensation when I felt his warm breath on my neck. His soft, plump lips placing gentle kisses in the crook of my neck and behind my ear. Instinct forced my fingers to intertwine with his as he pulled me even closer against his rock hard body. Even deep in slumber, I knew this is exactly where I wanted to be...where I was meant to be.
"I missed you beautiful, but I'm here now," he softly whispered in my ear. "Sweet dreams angel."
It wasn't long after our breathing became perfectly in sync that he too was fast asleep.
3 comments:
Ahhhh I love this chapter! Can't wait for more - I am very anxious to see who the "we" is and what his dad will think when he finds out she hasn't ended things! Keep it up - you're a great writer!
Fabulous chapter, as always. I'm with Lauren (as usual), can't wait to see what dad does...I love the regular updates, as well...
Aww, I love this story, so far!!!
It's good.
Cant wait for the next chapter!!
Post a Comment