When I heard the knock on my door the next morning, I seriously thought about not answering it. 'So help me god, if it's you Sidney,' I thought as I opened the door. Greeting me on the other side was an amazing smile; one I hadn't seen in a while.
"Lily, why are you knocking on my door?"
"Because it was locked and I don't exactly have my key on me," she said winking and pushing her way by me. "Please tell me you have coffee."
One look at her and I knew she hadn't got much sleep. She was wearing the same clothes from last night and she had that 'I just got laid' look in her eye.
"Lily, I could wring your neck for deserting me last night. I had to find out from Colby that you took off with some guy."
"Mmmm, Briiiiiian," she cooed missing the hint of anger in my voice.
"I thought that you were going to try and hook up with Max?"
"I was, but it was pretty clear that his interests lied elsewhere. Besides, I figured I left you in pretty good hands."
"That's besides the point Lily," I said sitting down at the counter beside her. "So who is this Brian guy?"
"Brian is the guy I was completely head over heels for all through college. We were in alot of pre med classes together. I don't know how I passed any of those classes because I was always focused on him. We did lab together all the time and I was pretty sure he thought I was nothing but a babbling idiot. I could barely string a coherent sentence together whenever I was around him. Anyways, I ran into him last night and we got talking and it turns out he had a little crush on me back then too. One thing led to another and..."
"And you slept with him."
"Technically there was no sleeping involved," she smiled slyly.
"How can you take sex so lightly Lily? Sex should be something you share with someone you're in a committed relationship with; someone you're in love with."
"Ahhh, that's an awfully sweet and very naive sentiment there Beks, but lets face it; you don't find good guys everyday and if I waited until I was in a relationship, I'd NEVER have sex!"
"Well going home and having sex with a guy in less than an hour is not the way to build a quality relationship."
"Maybe, but the sex sure was amazing!"
"Ugh, spare me the details."
"Okay, so tell me about your night. You and Max seemed to be in deep conversation the last time I checked."
"The only conversation Max and I had was him bashing Sid. He didn't stick around long after that."
"Max bashed Sid? But they're teammates. Don't they have some kind of code or something?"
"I don't know. All I know is that Max does not like Sid much and I get the feeling that Sid feels the same way."
"It wouldn't be because Max has a thing for Sid's girlfriend would it?"
"I don't think that...hey? That's me."
"Exactly! It was sooooooo obvious Beks! You can't tell me that you had no idea?"
"I seriously don't have a clue what you're talking about."
"We'll see. So what happened the rest of the night?"
"Not much. Colby stayed and hung out with some other guys from the team and Marc brought me home."
"Have you talked to Sid yet?"
"He was here when I got home."
"And?"
"And I gave him five minutes to say what he had to say and then I made him leave."
"You're killing me here Bek. What did he have to say?"
"Basically that he was under a whole lot of pressure and he hates loosing and he's feels like he's letting everyone, including me down and he hasn't figured out how to deal with all these feelings. Blah, blah,blah."
"And you don't believe him."
"No, I do believe him actually. I couldn't imagine having the kind of pressure he has on him at such a young age. It's alot to ask from an eighteen year old. But it also shows the lack of maturity I was afraid of."
"So what did you tell him?"
"That I needed time to process everything. Think about things when I wasn't so pissed off and when I was ready to talk to him, I'd call him."
"Good plan! So how long are you going to punish him for?"
"I'm not trying to punish him at all. If this is the way he handles things when they're tough, I don't know that I can be around that. You just can't treat the people that care about you that way."
"So what are you going to do?"
"Honestly? I have no idea. Maybe I should have listened to my gut and his dad and not gotten involved. Maybe he can't handle a relationship right now. I don't know. All I know is that I love him and he loves me, but love isn't always enough to hold two people together."
"You look like shit mon ami. How did it go last night?"
"Not as well as I hoped. I apologized. I tried to explain the way I was feeling, but I don't think it did any good."
"What did she say?"
"Nothing, just that she needed time to think about things and when she was ready to talk, she'd let me know."
"So what you do now?"
"Wait. What else can I do? She said she needed time."
"Hmmm, I think someone else told you that too?"
"I know Flower, I should have listened to you, but I couldn't leave things the way they were without at least apologizing."
"Women are complicated. Just give her the space that she needs. I'm sure once she cools down, you guys will work everything out."
"I hope you're right Flower. I can't loose her."
"Loose who?" Max asked as he walked into the locker room. "Your girl? Doesn't look good there pal. Keep being an asshole and she'll definitely bolt. And guess who'll be there to pick up the pieces?"
"What the fuck do you know Max? You know nothing about her."
"I know how pissed she is and she ain't buying any of that 'I'm under so much pressure because I'm a superstar' bullshit either. So keep it up golden boy. Keep treating her like shit and I'll be there to comfort her."
"That's it," Sid shouted while running towards Max. He gabbed him by the shirt and slammed him against the wall hard.
"Stay the fuck away from MY girlfriend!" Sid yelled as Flower and rushed over to break them apart.
"Chill out you guys. Don't do anything stupid." Flower said squeezing his body between the two angry men.
"Or what?" Max chided. "You afraid of a little competition superstar?"
"Competition? Please! Bekah has way too much class for a scum bag like you. You're not even good enough to breathe the same air she does!"
"That's not what she said last night," Max threw in as he began to walk away.
Sid started to go after him again and luckily Colby was there to help Marc restrain him.
"Max, why you have to say things like that?" Marc asked. "You know nothing happened last night."
Max just smiled and went to his stall.
"I'd keep your head up in practise if I were you Max," Sid yelled after him.
"Bring it in Crosby! Bring it on!"
4 comments:
ooowwwweeee! This is getting good! Please keep the post up, I LOVE THIS STORY!
I cant wait to see what happens next.
It's getting good.
More soon!!!
Oh snaap. You must write about what goes down in their practice.
Please post more soon! :]
hahah WHY YOU HAVE TO SAY THINGS LIKE THAT.
made me laugh.
Post a Comment