'Damn it Bekah, why won't you answer your phone?' I thought as I listened to her voicemail pick up for the twentieth time. I knew the answer to my own question. She was punishing me for being such an asshole and could I really blame her?
What the hell was wrong with me? My heart had sank when I watched her leave the arena without me. It was the first game she had come to since we were officially together and I was looking forward to going home with her like the rest of the guys do with their girlfriends; being normal like everyone else, but I can't even do that right. First we can't win, then I can't even manage to treat my girlfriend respectfully. My mom would kill me if she saw the way I behaved tonight. I can't even begin to think how I will ever be able to make it up to her, and fuck! Voicemail again. I just need to talk to her, apologize, beg for forgiveness, whatever it takes to fix this. I guess if there was anything I could take comfort in, it was the fact that she was with Marc and Colby. They'll watch out for her, and hopefully keep her away from Max. The last thing I needed was for Max to swoop in and turn on the charm when Bekah's mad at me. God knows he wouldn't defend me in any way. He's probably telling her that I'm an asshole that doesn't deserve her. If that prick even tries to lay a hand on her... One more time. I'll try one more time before I... FUCK! Time for a new approach.
"Allo mon ami."
"Flower, is she still with you?"
"Relax Sid. Yes, she's still here."
"Is Max with you?"
"He was, but he left."
"Already? That was quick."
"No. By himself. He was with Bekah while Army and I were getting drinks and when we came back, he was gone."
"But she didn't go with him right?"
"No, Army's with her now."
"She won't answer her phone, I've been calling her every five minutes."
"Dude, she is really pissed and frankly, I don't blame her. You were harsh."
"I know, that's why I have to talk to her. I have to apologize."
"Uhh, you need to do way more than apologize, besides, I don't think that's a good idea right now. Give her some time to cool off. Maybe she'll be ready to talk tomorrow."
" Flower, what aren't you telling me?"
"Nothing, just give her some time. She's had a few drinks and anger and alcohol don't mix. Wait until tomorrow. I think she's getting ready to leave anyways."
"You've got to make sure she gets home. She'll probably fight you, but make sure it's you that takes her home."
"Why?"
"Dude, I'm in love with her. You're one of my best friends and the only one I happen to trust to get her home safely. Can you do that for me?"
"I'll try."
"Try hard, and don't take no for an answer."
"What are you going to do?"
"Don't worry about me, I know what I have to do."
3 comments:
Another great post! I can't wait for more, don't make us wait too long!
uh oh... what is Sid getting himself into. Again, poor Flower, stuck in the middle.
I can only imagine what Sidney is plotting, and how Bekah will react to it...
More soon, please! :)
Post a Comment