Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thank You

I have just survived the most horrific, demeaning staff appreciation week that was ever thought of! (I'll spare you the details!) Humiliation is not exactly my idea of showing your staff that you appreciate them but hey; that's just me! It did get me to thinking about how I would like to be shown that I'm appreciated and I came to the conclusion that even a simple 'thank you' goes a long way. So that's what I decided to do for everyone in my life, including you - my wonderful, undertanding and faithful readers! So let me just say THANK YOU! You have all been amazingly patient waiting for updates, supportive of this little story I started a year ago just for kicks and giggles, and wonderfully forthcoming with your comments. I find myself hopelessly addicted to reading your comments and all of your stories as well. It's kind of bizare really, but even though I have never met or even talked to any of you personally, it kinda feels like were are a close knit 'family' connected by our love of the fan fics. So 'family', I say thank you to you. Thank you for reading my story; thank you for leaving your comments and thank you for entertaining me with the blood, sweat and tears that I'm sure you put in to writing your stories. You are appreciated!
~B~

PS... It is a personal goal to reach at least 50 followers of my story and thanks to you all, I'm just about there! So if you like my story, pass it on to all you friends that you think would enjoy it as well and tell them to follow it too! (The more the merrier - maybe I'll make 100!) Cheers eh!

4 comments:

Jay said...

Thank you for writing such an interesting and well-written story that is fun to read!

I agree with you: I feel like all us fanfic writers are a community and support system.

Good luck reading 50!

Zigh said...

I totally agree about the family thing; I love this community =D

And funny story... this is actually the very first Pens' fan fiction I ever read! It was because of this story that I've become so engrossed in this community and over the past few months I've gotten to read some really amazing stories, from some really amazing writers.

So thanks for that... and keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing where this story takes you... and I can't wait to read it =D

haleys_famous_ said...

I would also like to thank you! You write such amazing stories and seem very sweet. It was thought to write that and it does mean something to us too. I'm glad you have a time to escape from the real world and write a little story. It does make you feel much better! I look forward to a new post from you. You're one of my favorites. (:

Hope you have a great weekend! And good luck with everything.

Val said...

Yep, thank you for writing this amazing story, and I have followed it from the beginning, and am still so happy to be following it now...fanfics are a great way to have community on the internet - even if we never meet each other, it is still fun to read others thoughts and comments and fanfics.