To my faithful readers:
Thank you for indulging me in my thoughts and sometimes rants that have nothing to do with my story.
I am having a hard time finding any joy today. We finally laid Michael Jackson to rest today. Say what you want about him; think about all the crazy things that may or may not have been true about him; but one thing remains certain. The man was a legend and an amazing human being who loved people more than he loved himself. He gave so much to the world and it was and will be a better place for him having lived. Rest in peace MJ.
And equally devastating to me today; MY Joe, Burnaby Joe, Super Joe, otherwise known as Joe Sakic, has decided to break my heart and hang up his skates. Joe was, no rephrase that, IS an amazing hockey player and an even more amazing human being. I have been priveledged enough to get to know Joe some over the years and can be confident in saying he is one of the finest human beings ever to be put on this planet. He is a quiet, confident and strong leader who lead by example. He was strong in work ethic and personal values and expected nothing less from the people around him. He didn't just expect it; he demanded it in the gentle, quiet Joe way that he had. Joe is the definition of class. He gives tirelessly and unselfishly to countless charities to better the city that he called home. While this is not a true death, to me, it is the death of hockey in the great city of Denver. I had hoped this would not have happened for another year, but with all the recent happenings in the franchise, I knew this day would be coming and I don't think any true fan could blame you Joe. I wouldn't want my good name attatched to a franchise that in a few short years has gone frome greatness to dispair. So with a sad, broken and heavy heart, I say farewell Super Joe! Thank you for everything you brought to this game I love so much. The vision of you skating flawlessly and effortlessly will be engraved in my memory forever. The sight of you lifting Lord Stanley's cup will always be one of my happiest memories. You are loved and you will be greatly missed. Happy birthday my friend!
~B~
1 comment:
I was so sad to see that Joe Sakic was going to retire. It was not a surprise, but I kinda think of him like the Energizer Bunny, always there, always playing hard. I will miss his style of playing, he never slacked off or took a shift easy. I agree with you about the Avalanche franchise, it is sad watching them. Just remember, what goes down must (usually) go up!
Post a Comment