So here's the deal...
Given the recent drama surrounding me and my blogs, and other HUGE commitments that I have on my plate for the next little while, I have decided to take a hiatus from writing them. Before you get too excited, this is NOT the end of either story. A good friend and co-worker has agreed to continue writing them. I know it's not going to be the same, but I am 100% sure she will be able to do them justice; she gets the premise of both stories and I am confident you will like her ideas and twists she has in store!
I thought when I joined this blog community and started writing these fictional stories, that it was a great creative outlet and one that could involve the sport I love and people that I admire; and hey, if people read them and liked them, great! If they didn't like them, I assumed they wouldn't read them (not that the person in question ever actually read the stories, so she claims). Never in a million years did I think it would be something that would cause someone so much grief that they felt the need to personally attack me or my integrity.
I just want to say this and then this issue is dead and gone for me:
I am not giving up this writing because of the comments and views that one person has on these stories. As she stands firm by her position, I am standing firm by mine: these are fictional stories, made up as a creative outlet. I know her biggest issue seemed to be not only my age (which she doesn't actually know, but for the record is 29) and the fact that I am a mother of teenagers (who for the record are barely teenagers)writing a sexual story about teenagers which must mean that I actually lust after teenage boys. Again, these stories are fiction and in no way means that I am sexually attracted to young boys. Like any other warm-blooded woman, I can certainly appreciate a fine male specimen regardless of their age, and yes, Kris and Sidney do fall into that category: both are attractive men who for obvious reasons take very good care of themselves (and last time I checked 18 and 19 year olds were legal adults). That however is a moot point and one I'm sure my foe won't agree with.
I don't see what the difference is between these fan fics and any other fictional story. Jackie Collins for example, writes many sexual stories about younger men and older women based on real life people, and she's a best selling author. Maybe the difference is she changes the names? I wonder if I were writing a murder mystery if one would think I actually wanted to kill people? Maybe only if I used their real names.
I get how some could be offended by the premise of these stories, I really do, but again I stress, FICTION people! I get the title characters are real people, but that doesn't mean that the writers of any fan fic want their stories to be true. I am quite capable of separating fact from fiction and reality and fantasy.
In closing I want to make one thing very clear: I DO NOT WORK FOR A SCHOOL BOARD, IN A SCHOOL OR WITH TEENAGE BOYS. There is nothing about my stories that would warrant any sort fo reprimand from my employer (who by the way does know about and read my stories as do my other co-workers). They all know that the content of the stories in no way reflects personal fantasies or that I would fantasize about being the female main characters is them. They view them as what they are intended to be: a fun, made up story that allows for the reader (and writer) to escape the drones of everyday life by reading them, even if it is for only mere moments.
Having said my final piece, thank you kj for having your opinions and feeling confident in expressing them, even though you clearly took some flack for them. I'm sorry you were so offended. I hope this is behind us and you will no longer read or comment on the stories. Best of luck to you.
For those of you who enjoy reading my stories, please keep reading. My girl Ainsley will not disappoint (I hope!).
Thanks
~B~
8 comments:
I understand where you are coming from...I didnt know about the drama until today. I am sorry that you had to go through this...yes these are fiction stories...that is it.
I hope you come back and write...in the meantime I am sure your friend will do a great job and cant wait to see where both of your stories go.
It seems really strange, that these sites use to be safe havens, where all us crazy-hockey-ladies could get together and exchange stories, tears and laughter.
As of lately, (even on one of my stories), I find people are really missing the point of what's going on here. We write for fun, to share with other people.
Everyone that comes on here should feel like they're amoung friends... the fact that a few people feel the need to ruin that is a shame.
I love this story passionately. As I mentioned before, reading this story is the whole reason that I, myself, started writing.
I'm sad to see you go, but at the same point I respect your decision.
What's the point in writing when it's not 100% fun anymore?
I wish you all the best, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll come back at some point!
Cheers!
i agree. I will be waiting for yor return because you are an amazing writer. I am still going to be reading this story, and respect your desicions. It is sad that people ruin things that are supposed to be fun.
Sorry about all the drama you had to deal with...I recently had a troll pop up in the comments of my story (which I finished writing several months ago) and I was like WTF? If I don't like what I'm reading on a website, I move on to something else and I suggest you do the same. For the record, your story has always been one of my favorites and I absolutely love the Kris Letang story - are you going to make it open to the public again, or could I get added to the reader list? If you'd like, you can email me at pens.girl.87@hotmail.com (not my primary address - just one I use for purposes such as these and entering contests)
Thanks and keep up the great work! I look forward to reading Ainsley's work and hopefully you will continue writing occasionally as well!
I, too, am sorry for the drama that occurred re: these stories. I have been a fan of Against All Odds since almost day 1, and love your Letang story, as well. I also understand that everyone has a life and gets crazy busy, so if you have found someone to take over the writing of your stuff, woohoo! I am sure you leave it in capable hands, but know that you will be missed.
Reading these stories is like listening to the radio or watching television, if you don't like it, change the channel. Take care, sweetie!
This is just crazy! I wonder if this "KJ" is one that tries to get books banned at libraries on hearsay, without having read the book. It is censorship and it is wrong! I'm sorry you are taking a break from writing these stories, at least for this reason, but I'm glad someone else is going to fill in.
If someone does not like what is being written, or shown on TV or whatever, just don't read it or watch it! Move onto something else.
Best of everything to you, tho!
I have been a fan of this story for a long time, and it has never even occurred to me that there was something "wrong" with the subject matter. You also have the mature content warning so really people should not take offense to something which is clearly fiction!
I didn't know about this drama until now but it seems like more and more of our fellow bloggers are being "attacked" and it is getting to be a little too much.
I wish you the best of luck in whatever else you decide to do instead of writing this story and I will continue reading, I'm sure you entrusted your story into capable hands.
Let me say, this KJ bitch, yes, I will refer to her as a bitch, was trolling on my Kris site a few days before I saw your post regarding her. I too, was forced to make my story private, which absolutely kills me. Unlike you, I didn't have the balls to confront her. I just deleted the comments, which called me everything from a friendless loser to delusional, and hoped she and her friend "Julie" would go away.
They didn't go as far to say I was writing the stories for my sexual pleasure, maybe because I'm in high school, but regardless, they were bitches.
I mean, kudos to you for standing up for yourself, and I hope that you'll consider making your Kris story public again. I know I am.
Post a Comment