"I can't believe the season is over already. Are you sure you have to leave already?" I asked trying to put on my best pouty face and batting my eyelashes.
"Come on babe, don't give me that face," he said wrapping his arms around me. "Ive already stayed two weeks longer than I intended to and my mom is freaking out."
And what a wonderful two weeks it was. No practices, no games, no interviews, no photo shoot, no schedule. Just me, Sidney and the boys. Quiet, relaxing, private. It was heaven.
"I don't know why you just don't take some vacation time and come with me."
"We've been through this Sid. Me, you and the boys all staying in your parent's house? Cozy. I know Troy and I have reached an understanding, but I don't want to push my luck."
"So are you saying that if I had my own place you'd come with me?"
"I'm saying, if you had your own place I would have considered it more."
Sid looked at his watch. "I have to go. My flight leaves soon."
"Fine, but just think about what you're leaving behind here."
"And what's that?"
"This," I said and reached up to touch my lips to his. Gentle at first; then after a few flicks of my tongue on his bottom lip, the kiss deepened. So much so that neither of us were aware that the boys had entered the room.
"Oh gross!" Jake exclaimed as he ran by to go to the kitchen.
"Like, do you have to do that when we're around?" Alex asked following his brother.
"Well you weren't around until 10 seconds ago," I replied.
"Okay, I have to get going," Sid reminded me.
"Boys, come say goodbye to Sidney, he's leaving to go back home for the summer," I said.
"That sucks," Jake said coming over and giving Sid a hug.
"We were just getting used to you being around," Alex said as he gave Sid some high five hand shake thing, before hesitating then giving Sid a half hug, half body bump guy hug.
"I know bud, but hockey season is over and I have to go home and see my family. But don't worry, I'm trying to convince your mom to come up and visit this summer."
"Yeah let's go visit Sid!" they shouted in unison.
"Thanks a lot," I growled at him. "Boys, say goodbye and go play please."
"See ya Sid," Jake said cheerily before disappearing.
"Yeah, see ya later," Alex said without the same cheerful tone.
"I'll be back before you know it, and I'll call every day okay?"
"Yeah, okay," and he left the room.
Sid had this look on his face that I couldn't quite place.
"You okay hun?"
"Yeah. I just feel like I'm letting them down ya know? I don't ever want to let them down. Or you for that matter," he said hugging me tightly.
"I know baby. They're kids, they'll get over it. By tomorrow, they'll be back to themselves."
"And you? You're not going to go falling for someone else while I'm away are you?"
"Well, I can't make any promises..."
"Ha ha ha, you're sooooo funny!" he said kissing the tip of my nose.
"If anyone should be worried here, I think it's me. What about all those girls back home who had crushes on you before you became Mr. NHL? The girls up there are going to be throwing themselves at you and there's not a damn thing I can do about it."
"Except come up to visit so you can protect me from the big, bad girls who are going to prey on poor little old me."
"You are such an ass. Go get on your plane and fly away."
One more long, lingering kiss and he was out the door.
"I love you Rebekah Jones," he yelled before getting in his car.
"I love you the most," I replied blowing him one last kiss.
"Hello?"
"Ah mon petit bijou, how are you beautiful?"
"I'm good Maxie, how are you?"
"Missing you like crazy, do you miss me?"
"Of course I miss you Max. How is it back home?"
"It's good, great to see the fam and friends."
"And staying out of trouble I hope?"
"Bijou, whatever do you mean?"
"Very funny. How many times a week are you and those boys going out drinking?"
"One, two, seven, who can keep track?"
"And you're keeping your pecker in your pants I presume?"
"What a dirty mouth you have...I like it, it's making me hot!"
"Well, I'm sure you can find some trashy piece of ass to screw to tide you over for now."
"Are you implying that I should cheat on my girlfriend?"
"So she's still your girlfriend huh?"
"Yes."
"Then no, I would never imply that you should cheat on your girlfriend. Nor would I imply that you should have some fun while you're home and maybe find a nice french girl, ya know, one you could take home to your mother."
"Bekah...."
"I'm just saying."
"What's gotten into you, why are you so crabby? Are you riding the crimson wave baby?"
"Max, not only is that disgusting, but it's insulting."
"Sorry, but seriously what's wrong?"
"I don't know. I've been swamped at work, Dylan seems to be getting worse, not better, there's a new nurse that I despise and on a good day only want to lock her in the supply closet and not throw her off the roof, I haven't spent any time with Lily in I can't remember how long, and the boys are being little jerks lately. That good enough for you?"
"And?"
"And what? Isn't that enough?"
"And you miss him."
"Yes, and I miss him desperately. It's been almost two months and it sucks, I hate this!"
"Well, that's why I'm calling. I want you to come and be my birthday present to the kid."
"What are you talking about Max?"
"I'm talking about, taking time off from work, which I've already arranged with your boss, packing up a couple of bags, and hopping on a plane with the boys to come and see me here in Montreal, so you can meet my mama, then were are all going to Nova Scotia to celebrate Sid's birthday. You will be my gift to him."
"Max, I can't..."
"Ah ah ah, yes you can. I have arranged everything. All you need to do is follow the instructions that are coming with your plane tickets. No arguments, no excuses."
"Okay," I whispered. "When do we leave?"
8 comments:
I almost threw up from excitement upon seeing that you had an new addition to this story. So nice. I'm liking where this seems to be going, the various routes the story may end up going. So suspenseful......
-elle
I love this update, and I am so happy that Max just knew she would be missing Sid...woohoo, can't wait to see how the visit goes, and maybe Sid has a different place for them to stay other than his parents, eh?
My word verification is hinte, lol!
So glad that she is going to visit Sid!! Hope things goes well with the visit! Can't wait for more and Max was so sweet for doing that for her!!
I agree with elle. I was so excited to see this update! I did a lap around my house to burn it all off! :D
Ah leave it to Max to arrange something like that! I can't wait to see what happens!!! >.<
Much Love!
Stevie
Gotta love Max , Im suprised. UPDATE SOON!!!!
I love Max, I loved "keep your pecker in your pants" and "riding the red wave" :D so inappropriate.
I'm excited for them to be in Montreal and Nova Scotia, so many possibilities!
hey i see your kris letang blog that i was following is invite only after everything that has happened. i was hoping you would ivite me. I absolutly love your stories and thing your an amazing writer. so hopfuly i can read more from you soon. :-) ttyl
I love this story and I had started reading your letang story...I love that one too but I cant read it anymore... :(
I hope you are still working on it
Post a Comment