Sid followed me down the hall to an empty room. It was cold and dark with nothing but the moonlight shining through the window. I walked over to the window and just stared at the snow that was gently falling. I crossed my arms in front of me in a weak attempt to stay warm. We stood in silence for what seemed like eternity. He was close enough to me that I could feel the heat radiating from his body, and when it sent a shiver through me, he instinctively wrapped his arms around me. Every tense muscle in my body relaxed and I gave in and leaned back against him.
"It was a night just like this," he whispered in my ear. "Do you remember that night in the parking lot at the hospital?"
"Of course I do. That was the night you so gracefully fell on your ass." I replied quietly.
"That's the night I fell in love with you," his meek voice uttered before he gently kissed my neck.
I closed my eyes and took in every sensation my body was feeling at that moment. I turned to face him and when I opened my mouth to speak, he held his finger over my lips stopping any sound from coming out.
"Beks, I was an ass," he said as he softly rested his forehead against mine. "I was angry and frustrated and I had no right to talk to you the way I did. I am sorry. I missed you."
His grip tightened around me. Who did he think he was? Did he think an 'I'm sorry' wrapped up in a nice little package with a pretty bow was going to make everything alright? I could feel the anger that had momentarily disappeared return. As I looked up at him to speak, the moonlight was shining in his eyes which made them an even more intense caramel colour. Oh who was I kidding? There was no way I could stay mad at this gorgeous creature!
"I missed you too," I managed to whisper before his lips met mine. His masculine upper body and strong arms enveloped me as his lips continued to caress mine. His tongue found mine to dance with; slowly,expertly, and gently, sending surges of euphoric sensations through my entire body.
'Get a hold of yourself,' I screamed in my head as I broke free from his embrace.
"Sidney, this is probably one of the most perfect moments I've ever experienced," I started.
"And I want to give you many more," he said through that crooked little grin of his.
"Please let me finish Sidney. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of pressure you're under and the circus that you have to live with every day, but when you have a bad day, or a bad game, you have to find a better way to deal with it. You can't lash out at me or whoever else might be around."
"I know. I can't say I'm sorry enough. But everyone has a breaking point Beks, and that kind of blatant unfair treatment pushed me over the edge."
"And that's exactly what Kovalchuk wanted. You are the most talked about, hyped up, marketed guy in the league right now and unfortunately that makes you a target. Everyone is going to try and push your buttons and bring you down to see how you react; to show you're not perfect like everyone's making you out to be. Tonight you proved them right. You behaved badly during the game and even worse after. Kovlachuk is probably sitting at home right now proud as a peacock that he got under your skin. The only way you'll ever get them to stop is to show them that you're better; that it doesn't bother you and just go on playing your game. I know this is your job, and you love the game more than anything, but you have to remember one thing. When all is said and done, it is just a game. You have to leave what happens on the ice, on the ice."
There was a long pause and I was a little scared when for once I could read the expression on his face.
"How did you get to be so smart?" he finally said wrapping me in another hug.
"It's a curse," I smiled as I turned him around and marched him towards the door. "Now go home and get some sleep so I can get back to work."
"Is my beautiful girlfriend available for breakfast in the morning?"
"She is, but you are not. You will be sleeping."
"I have an off day tomorrow, I have all day to sleep."
"You never have an off day. You always have some interview or photo shoot or commercial to make."
"I only have two interviews and they're both phone interviews and both in the afternoon, so what's your next excuse champ?"
"I have to get the boys ready and take them to school in the morning."
"Perfect! I haven't seen them since before New Year's. I'll come by when you're done work and we can all have breakfast together. Then WE can take them to school."
"We can, can we?"
"Yes. No arguments. End of discussion."
"Fine. I'll be home just after 7."
"Fine. I'll be there," he said before giving me a kiss as I pushed him out the door.
7 comments:
OKAY, OOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH! Love the give and take, love that she is right, and he listens, love it all...rock on, girl, and more soon, puhleeze!
I have been following your story over the last few months and I LOVE IT! I'm so happy to see the new updates! When are you posting more? I'm addicted!
I am so glad they worked things out and that she is no longer angry with him!!
aww this was so perfect! I would have a hard time staying mad at him too!
more soon, please!
Good Lord, that was perfect. I love how he told her when he fell in love with her, how can you stay mad at him after that?! Loved it, I can't wait for more ;)
Geeze, I just realized. can you feel the love in my comment, I used almost every other word.
Aww, that was cute. I love how he listened to everything she said and didn't get all defensive.
Please post more soon. :]
i love how she's actully falling for him now. [:
i lovee your stories.
more soon please. :D
Post a Comment