I was going crazy! I couldn't take it anymore. I had to vent to someone. There was only one person who knew the whole truth about what's been going on.
I banged on Flower's door and paced the floor until he opened it.
"What the hell took you so long?" I snapped at him as I brushed by him and flung myself down on one of the beds.
"What is wrong with you?" he asked shutting the door behind me.
I got up and started pacing around the room muttering to myself. Marc sat at the end of the bed and just watched with amusement. When I finally took a second to look around the room, it looked like a bomb had gone off.
"Jesus Flower, we've only been here for a couple of hours! How the hell do you make this big of a mess in that short of time?" I said picking up some of the clothes off the floor and throwing them at him.
"What can I say? It's a talent!"
"It's disgusting."
Marc raised his eyebrow and gave me that puzzled French look. (Yes, some of the French have a very distinct look when they are confused).
"Okay Sid, I'll bite. Is something bothering you?" Marc asked with that toothy grin of his.
"No."
"Really? You sure fooled me! Is it your dad again?"
"No. Yes. Kind of. I just don't' understand what the hell is taking so long. She should have called by now. What could he possibly be saying to her now?"
"Whoa, back up champ. What and who are you talking about?"
"My dad and Bekah. They were meeting tonight so he could supposedly apologize to her, but I don't know Flower. I don't have a good feeling about this."
"Wait; your dad...thee Troy Crosby...is apologizing to someone?"
"Supposedly."
"When did hell freeze over?"
"Very funny Flower!"
"Seriously...I didn't think he had the words 'I'm sorry' in his vocabulary."
"Well I wouldn't think he'd use those words. I'm sure if he is really apologizing, he's doing it in a round about way. That is so besides the point right now. I just want to know what the hell is going on. What's taking so long?"
"N'inquietez pas mon ami. I'm sure everything is fine. She'll call you as soon as she can."
"But I am worried. My dad has already cost me enough time with her."
"Know what your problem is mon ami? You try to hard to make everyone else happy and forget about yourself. You can't stand being mad at your dad and you don't want Bekah to be hurt if you're not mad at him. It's lose/lose."
"I do hate being mad at my dad, but I am, and rightfully so. I'm not worried about how Bekah will feel when things are okay with me and him. I am worried about when thing will be okay with us. He broke my trust, Marc. He's the one that taught me trust was the most important element of any relationship. If we can't get that back, then what?"
"You will. He's making a good first step non?"
"Oui. He is. I just need to know what's happening."
"Patience mon ami. Patience."
"Not exactly my strong suit Flower."
"You're not kidding! Why don't you come to dinner with us? Hang out, try and keep your mind off it."
"As if..."
As if on cue my phone rang.
"Hello, Bekah?"
"Yeah, it's me. Why do you sound out of breath?"
"Uhh...I'm not, I'm fine. How'd it go?"
She chuckled.
"It's been driving you crazy all day hasn't it?"
"No."
"You are such a liar Crosby! I bet you've been sitting in your hotel room pacing the floor waiting for me to call haven't you?"
"Nooooo."
"Sidney?"
"Actually it was Marc's room but that's besides the point! What happened?"
"Sidney, really! You are such a drama queen! Nothing happened! We met for coffee and had a nice chat."
"Chat? A chat? Troy Crosby does not chat! Interrogate maybe, but not chat!"
"Okay, so maybe it was a little like an interrogation, but he's just trying to look out for you. He wanted to know who his son is spending his time with, just like any good parent would."
"Are you actually defending him?"
"No. But I'm a parent too Sid. I understand where his concern was coming from."
"So what did he ask you?"
"What didn't he ask? Your father is now very well versed on everything that has happened in my life. We talked about everything from my family or lack there of, my brother, the kids' father, why I moved to Pittsburgh and why I love you."
"You told him...everything?"
"Yes. I'm not going to hide anything from him. How am I supposed to get him to trust me if I lie to him. I'm not ashamed of my past, I may regret some things in it, but who doesn't? Your dad has the right to know exactly who I am and what I'm about. Now he does."
"And what did he have to say about it?"
"Why don't you ask him that yourself?"
"Beks, now is not the time for games."
"I'm not playing games. If you want to know how your father feels about me, you should ask him yourself."
"I'm just not sure I'm ready to talk to him yet."
"Sid, you need to get over it!"
"Beks, he almost destroyed us..."
"But he didn't."
"He said heinous things to you..."
"They were just words Sidney."
"I can't believe what I'm hearing! Have you actually forgiven him for everything he said; everything he did to us?"
"If I've learned anything, it's that life is too short! You can't hold grudges forever. He is your father, and he loves you. He was trying to protect you. I would give anything to have a father who loved me the way your father loves you. You should be grateful."
"I am. It's just hard sometimes. Do you think it's possible to love your kids too much?"
"Never. It is possible to go a little overboard in the protection department, but you can never love your kids enough!"
"I'll find that out when I have my own kids right?"
Silence.
"Bekah? Are you still there?"
"Uh... yeah. Look, just call your dad and talk to him. I think he really needs to know that you two are okay. I have to go. I'll talk to you later."
"Beks, you okay?"
"Mmm hmm."
"O...kaaay. I'll call you tomorrow?"
"Yeah, that's fine. I'll talk to you then."
"Forgetting something?"
"What?"
Is she serious? I thought.
"I love you."
Another awkward silence.
"I love you too Sid. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye."
That was just bizarre. Why did her mood change all of a sudden?
6 comments:
soooo you need to write more.......like now. lol. :) just a suggestion but really i cant wait to read more :)
I am so happy you updated and that was such a great chapter - the whole issue of children will be an interesting one, for sure...update soon, please!
LOL i love how oblivious men are sometimes "i'll know when i have my own kids".
update soon please!
okay I never comment so I feel badly that this is going to be all ornery, but because Flower is speaking to a single individual who is his close friend, he's more likely to say "Ne t'inquietes pas" using the less formal 'tu' than the more formal 'vous' of "Ne vous inquietez-" and either way, even in Quebec, you never drop the 'vous'
that said, YAY! new chapter!
WoooHoo and update! :)
Loved how Sid was pacing Flower's room and I can't wait to see how the whole kid issue goes down. More SOON please (if you are able)! :D
I am so glad you found time to update. I love your story. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment