By the time I got back to the hotel after doing press I was exhausted and just wanted to take a nap. When I opened the door I couldn't believe what I saw.
"What the hell are you doing here?"
"We need to talk about things."
"I don't have anything else to say right now dad. I'm still angry."
"I know you are and you have every right to be, but we need to fix things. I can't stand you being mad at me. I know I screwed up, but I'm trying to make things right here Sid."
I was stunned! As I lived and breathed, Troy Crosby admitted he made a mistake?
"I'm listening," I said sitting down on the bed across from him.
"I love you more than anything else in this world. Everything I have ever done has been out of love and to try and protect you. I judged Bekah by outward appearance before I actually got to know her and that was wrong. I am so sorry for interfering in your personal life, and I hope you will be able to forgive me.I want you to know that I talked to Bekah before I came here. I apologized and I got to know her a bit better. I had alot of questions and she graciously answered all of them. She really is a very remarkable girl. It's hard to fathom some of the things she went through at such a young age. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. You were right son. She is all of the things you said she was and more. You would be very lucky to have someone like that in your life and I told her that. If you want to be with Bekah, you have my blessing."
"Wow."
"That's all you have to say?"
"I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that you not only admitted you were wrong, but you said the words 'I'm sorry' all in the same day!"
"Christ Sidney, this is not really the time for sarcasm!"
"You know what hurt more than you getting involved the way you did to try and destroy our relationship dad?"
"What?"
"The fact that you had so little faith in me. You didn't trust my character and my instincts in choosing who I let into my life. I thought knew me better than that."
"You're absolutely right. I was afraid that you were getting caught up in the chase and not the person and I was wrong. I know you know that you have to be extra careful and I should have trusted that you knew what you were doing. I just want to get past this Sidney. Put it in the past and move forward. I want you to be happy. That's all I've ever wanted for you."
"I know. And I am. Bekah makes me happy. And I'm happy that you are here. I need you here with me."
"Does this mean that you forgive me?"
"Well, someone very wise once told me that life is too short to be angry with the people you love. Forgive before it's too late. So yes, I forgive you."
"Who told you that?"
"Bekah."
"Of course she did! I mean it Sidney. She really is a wonderful girl. You are very lucky."
"Thanks and trust me, I know how lucky I am to have her in my life."
"I love you son," he said hugging me.
"I love you too dad."
No comments:
Post a Comment