Monday, December 13, 2010

Chapter 113

The smell of coffee tickled my nose and I smiled without opening my eyes; that is until the body lying next to me moved.
"Bon matin bijou."

"Morning. I love that you're making me coffee Max, but it's still dark out. You could have waited a bit longer."
"Not me bijou, I thought you snuck out and made it."

We looked at each other for a moment before both getting out of bed and heading to the kitchen.
"If it wasn't either of us..." I whispered.
"Maybe one of the boys?"
"No both of them know they are not to touch any electrical appliances without me."

The question was answered when Max and I both appeared at the door to the dimly lit kitchen.
"Talbot, Bekah. Did you both sleep well?"
"Sid, what are you doing here?"
"What am I doing here?" he asked in a very high pitched voice. "I should be asking you that about him," he snarled and gave a nod towards Max.
"Oh I don't know...Max is actually the one who chose to spend the holiday with me."
"And that entitles him to sleep with you too?"
"Okay, now wait just a minute Sid. It's not like that and you know it. We fell asleep watching a movie," Max tried to defend.
"Save it Talbot. You need to leave so I can talk to MY girlfriend."
"Who the fuck do you think you are kicking Max out of MY house?" I asked much louder than I intended. "Max does not need to leave, maybe you do."
"Non bijou. I go. You two have much to talk about."
"Max no..."
"I will talk to you later. Give me a call if you need anything," he said sweetly as he kissed my forehead.
"She doesn't need anything from you Max," Sidney growled.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I sneered after the door had closed behind Max.
"Oh I don't know; maybe the fact that I come here last night to try and salvage some of the holiday with you and I find you in bed with Max!"
"Oh for God sakes Sidney, don't be so dramatic. You make it sound like you caught us having sex in your bed! We fell asleep watching a movie, we did nothing wrong."

"Yeah, our movie! Do you have any idea what it was like for me to walk in, hear our song playing and then seeing you wrapped up in his arms, not mine?"

"No I don't know what it was like for you because I never see you! I hardly talk to you anymore and you made it pretty clear by your abscence yesterday that I am not very high on your priority list, so why don't you take your possessive bullshit and blow it out your ass! You don't get to act like you give a damn about what I do; it's too late for that."

"Wh...what do you mean it's too late?" he questioned with a startled look on his face.
"I mean I'm done Sidney," I said quietly.

The words left my mouth before my brain had a chance to catch up.

"What do you mean 'done' Beks?"

"I mean I'm done. I can't wait around hoping you're going to have a few minutes to stop by and say hi; I can't be your punching bag when you've had a bad game, which by the way is practically the only time you call me anymore; I can't be at the mercy of your moods; and I'm not going to take a backseat to everything and everyone else in your life. I'm done; I can't do it anymore.

"Beks, please," Sidney said reaching for my hand across the table but I pulled it out of his reach, "I know I've been an ass lately; I haven't been around much and I've been moody, but I'm not going to lose you. I can't lose you, please Beks, let's just talk about this."

"Sidney, you lost me a long time ago and you've been too oblivious to notice. There is nothing to say that hasn't already been said. We talk about it and nothing ever changes."

"But it will. I was talking to Mario and he's made me see how big of an ass I've been. He also made me realize what I have to do to prove to you that you're important to me and I need to show you how much I love you; I can't just say the words, I have to show you with my actions."

"Well I'm glad Mario knows how to make a relationship work, but the fact that he had to tell you to do those things is just one more reason to throw in the towel. I've told you all that before Sid; I've told you exactly what I need from you and you haven't done any of it."

"I know I've disappointed you lately, alot, but please give me a chance to fix it."

"Sidney, I've given you chance after chance and every time there's just one more disappointment, one more excuse. I don't expect you to be at my beck and call; I know exactly what I signed up for getting into a relationship with you. I knew you were going to be away alot and I knew that you had alot of commitments that take priority over our relationship and I was okay with that. It's all the other little things. I asked you to take five minutes to meet Sam and that couldn't be worked into your schedule without coordinating it with your p r people. And you've changed. When is the last time to asked me how my day was? When is the last time you called me just to tell me you loved me? When is the last time you brought me a coffee on your way home to take your nap just so you could 'see my beautiful face' before you went to sleep? When is the last time you called me from the hotel just before you you went to bed so my voice was the last thing you heard? When is the last time we talked about anything other than your game or how bad the team is doing right now or how frustrated you are because you can't fix it all yourself? When is the last time you sent me flowers just because? You used to do all those things and now you don't. What changed?"

"I don't know, I mean you know I love you and I know that you love me."

"And you have not given me any reason to believe that that's still true. What about yesterday Sid? That was the final straw. You know how important Thanksgiving is to me and you still couldn't make an effort. No phone call, no nothing. You show up here in the middle of the night and you think that shows me I'm important?"

"I know I've screwed up and I've really let you down. I know what I have to do to make it up to you, I just need a chance to do it. Please Beks, don't throw away everything we have, everything that we've worked so hard to build. I love you Bekah, please let me show you how much."

I saw the tears in his gold flecked eyes and the sincerity deep within them. My heart ached for him, it really did, but it was not enough.

"I'm sorry Sidney," I said choking back my own tears. "I can't."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

my heart hurts!

Anonymous said...

omg noooooo! why does Crosby have to be such an ass :( ugh

Cathy said...

Oh no!! So sad but I can completely understand how she feels. I would do the same thing with the way he has been treating her.

Unknown said...

What a powerful chapter! I can't wait to see what happens next (don't make us wait so long, please).

Anonymous said...

oh my, I had a feeling you would leave us hanging here. I hope she gave him the message loud and clear and Mr. Competitive kicks in here to win her back and show her his true feelings... I hope, I hope!!

Mata said...

WHYYYYYYYYY? Why Sid, did yo really have to be an ass this entire time?????????

I loved this chapter! Please update soon, if you aren't to busy. :)

EHisCDN said...

Am I the only one that is kind of happy they broke up? I mean I kind of want to see if she can have a relationship with Max (he seems lonely and has been so nice and dependable for her...) Although I also have a feeling that if Max and Bekah try things that they'll find out they're just meant to be friends...

Aeryn said...

So I'm studying for my psych final and accidentally click on this link instead of the course page that is next to it and you've updated! I was sooo excited, a mini break from finals week! SO glad to see the new chapter!

As for the chapter itself, I don't know what to think! I'm so conflicted. I feel bad for Sidney, but he has been a real ass and I'd kinda like to see her with Max, cause he seems like the right guy for her. Which to choose?!?!? Great Chapter though, very well written