Two sets of eyes were looking back at me like deer caught in the headlights. I couldn't tell if Sidney pushed the bimbo's hands away or if she pulled them away first, but it didn't really matter.
"Bekah, please...it's not what you think..."
I put my hand up to stop him from speaking.
Brittany ran over to Max and immediately tried to start damage control. "Max baby, I'm sorry, I couldn't stop him, he just grabbed me and kissed me,"
"That's a fucking lie!" Sidney yelled. His outburst brought in an audience from outside, including Troy and Trina.
"What's going on in here?" Trina asked.
Everyone's eyes searched one another's waiting for someone to speak first. I would be the one to do that honour.
"Something I've been waiting for for a long time," I replied in a cool, deep tone. I walked over to the bimbo who had latched herself on to Max's arm, and stood in front of her, looking into her soulless eyes.
Before I knew what was happening, my arm felt like it was it's own entity and my hand made contact with the bimbo's cheek.
SMACK!!
The crowd that had gathered gasped in unison, and for the first time since stumbling upon the disturbing scene, Max moved. He grabbed and held my hand as if he was trying to stop me from slapping her again.
"You bitch!" Brittany wailed.
"Ladies!" Troy interjected. "Someone needs to explain what the hell is going on here? Sidney?"
"Dad, I..."
"No Sidney, let me," I said in the calmest voice I could manage. I turned so I was once again looking at the bitch who had her lips on my man.
"I've been waiting for this since the first day I met you. You think you had everyone fooled, but guess what? You're the fool. I've known from day one that the one you were really interested was Sidney. I also knew that you were using Max to get to him. Just for future reference, when you are plotting your little schemes, you might not want to spill your plans in a public restroom. Let me tell you something sweetheart; you are the most classless piece of trash I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. To come into Sidney's home and disrespect him, his family, his friends, and his relationship is pretty sleazy, but not as sleazy as trying to blame it on him. You've been trying to get your claws into my man from day one and you have failed miserably. Sidney would not sink low enough to give your skanky, low-life ass the time of day. The saddest part of all this is Max wasted so much time on you. You don't even realize what you had right in front of you! Max worshiped you! He would have done anything for you and you just threw it all away! Well let me tell you something sister; you're not even good enough to breathe the same air he does. Now you have exactly thirty seconds to get out of this house before we call the police and have you escorted out."
With cheers from the crowd, she turned and headed towards the door. When she stopped and turned back to face us, silence fell over the crowd again.
"Max, are you coming?"
My blood started to boil and it took everything in me not to go over and beat her skanky ass, but right now, my main concern was my best friend. He let go of my hand and headed towards the bimbo. I wanted to scream at him not to go, but the familiar feel of Sidney's hands on my shoulders stopped me from opening my mouth. All I could do was watch.
When Max started moving towards her, a smug smile spread across her lips. It took everything in me not to hit her.
"I would not go anywhere with you if we were the last two people on earth. You disgust me. Get the hell out of this house," Max said quietly and forcefully.
"How the hell am I supposed to get home? You can't just kick me out with nowhere to go."
"I suggest you go to the airport and get your sorry self out of this town," Trina's voice came from behind us. "Here," Trina added walking towards my nemesis. "Take a cab on me," she said while tossing a twenty towards the blond bitch. She snatched the bill from off the floor where it had landed and before you could say skanky bitch, she was gone.
Cheers rang out once again and Trina and Troy quickly ushered everyone outside leaving Sid, Max and I alone.
"Max, I'm so sorry man," Sid said apologetically.
Max just nodded his acknowledgement.
I took my friend's hand in mine and rested my head on his shoulder. "Max, I'm so sorry this happened. I was really hoping..."
"I need to be alone," was all he said before heading out the back door and down towards the lake.
My heart was breaking for him. He did not deserve to have this happen to him. I looked at Sid and he looked back at me.
"He'll be okay," Sid said trying to sound reassuring.
"I'm not so sure."
"What now?" he asked timidly.
"How 'bout we try this again," I said moving closer to him; so close you could not slide a sheet of paper between us.
"Happy birthday Sidney."
"It is now," he said in that husky voice that drove me wild. All I wanted was for him to kiss me. It had been almost three months and my body ached to have his lips touch mine once again; but there was one thing left to do first.
"You need to disinfect those lips before you even think about touching me with them Crosby."
That smile I loved spread across his gorgeous face and all he could say was, "God, I missed you Beks."
The party was in full swing and everyone had forgotten about the scene from earlier. My heart was so filled with joy as I watched Sidney interact with his family and friends. I had never seen him so at ease and comfortable. It was wonderful to see him let down his guard and just be himself. I didn't think I could love him anymore, but watching him so lovingly take care of his grandmother's needs, and being Taylor's over-protective big brother endeared him to me even more. A deep voice brought me out of my thoughts.
"What you did today showed alot of class Miss Jones."
I smiled at Troy. "I thought we were past the formalities; and thank you. Trust me, what I wanted to do would not have shown any class whatsoever."
Troy chuckled.
"I don't think you you be anything but 100% class my dear; you don't have it in you."
"Oh no? I'll have you know that I could have so whipped her ass!"
"To protect someone you love? I have no doubt. But seriously Bekah, Sidney is lucky to have you. I don't know that anyone else would have handled that situation more like a lady. It says alot about your character and your ability to handle what is inevitably going to come your way as Sidney's girlfriend. It's something I've worried about for a long time and I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it anymore. I know you'll take good care of him."
"Thank you Troy. I don't really know what to say except I love your son and he's worth it."
"Well as much as you love my son, I know there's another young man with a broken heart who could use some TLC," he said before heading into the house.
I made my way down the rickety old dock towards my best friend who was sitting motionless until the board I stepped on creaked signaling that someone was there. He looked at me and then looked back out over the water. I kicked my flip flops off and sat down beside him. When I got no response I linked my arm through his and rested my head on his shoulder. He in turn, rested his head on mine. Finally, some sign of my beloved best friend!
We sat that way in silence for a good half an hour. I was afraid to speak. To tell the truth, I didn't really know what was left to say. A few minutes later the strong shoulder that I had become so accustomed to leaning on started to shake. Max was crying.
"You were right bijou," he said between sobs. "You were right. Why didn't I listen to you?"
"Shhhh. It doesn't matter Maxie. All that matters is it's over now."
"I almost threw away our friendship over a stupid girl. Well I can promise you one thing Beks. Never again. I will never put myself in that situation again."
"You'll never take a girls word over mine?" I asked confused.
"No. I will never allow myself to fall in love again."
8 comments:
Great chapter, I really do feel bad for Max, even if he should have listened to Bekah.
That was worth the wait! So glad everyone found out what that skank was up to, even though I feel bad for Max. I hope you give Max some happiness soon.
Oh my God! Poor Max! I felt my heart breaking along with his, but I'm so glad that slut was finally exposed. Great Chapter!
oh max :[
that makes me sad thinking about him not being happy.. :[ :[ :[
i hope some amazing, beautiful, CLASSY, girl comes into his life and changes that.
hint hint.
:]
Awesome. Poor Maixime!!!
Never, ever, ever, ever go that long between posts when you leave a cliff hanger!! ;) update soon please, this was amazing.
ahahahaha i loved it!!!:]]
I feel terrible for Max tho:[
but great update.
Finally skank face two timer is gone! I feel really bad for Max though, his last line is so sad. You'll find someone Max not all girls are like her, just look at Bekah.
Post a Comment