Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chapter 100 - UNBELIEVABLE

I absolutely cannot believe this story has reached 100 chapters! When I first started this story, I knew exactly some of the plot lines I wanted to follow and what I wanted the outcome to be. Needless to say, the story has veered from the original path but my intentions have not changed. I fear that the only way I'm going to get all the significant, life altering events that I had planned in, is to have the story start skipping ahead in time at some point; otherwise this story will never end! Hopefully I can accomplish this without straying from the integrity of the writing. As always, thank you to those of you who follow this story and especially those of you who comment; without you, this story would not exist!
Cheers!
~B~






After he had said goodbye to the last guest, Sidney went to go find Bekah. He wandered through the entire house before finally spotting her through the kitchen window.
She was startled by the same creaky board that she herself had stepped on only hours before. Sidney kicked off his flip flops and sat down beside her. He didn't speak; but simply took her hand in his and let their fingers intertwine naturally. They sat in silence with their feet dangling in the water for what seemed like forever. The only sound heard was the chirping of the crickets and the occasional splash when the fish were jumping.
"It's so peaceful here," Bekah said, finally being the one to break the silence. "I could stay out here forever."
"I'm glad to hear that," Sidney replied.
" Whoever owns this place is one lucky SOB."
"Yes, he certainly is," Sidney replied.
"Does it belong to a friend of yours? It must if they let you have your birthday party here."
"Yeah, he's a pretty amazing guy."
"I'd love to meet him while I'm here."
"I think I can arrange that. Hi, I'm Sidney," he said extending his hand to shake mine.
"Are you kidding me?" I asked.
"No. I'm the one who owns this house."
"What? When? How? Why didn't you tell me?"
"Well, I bought it about a month ago. You said that one of the things holding you back from coming up here was having to stay at my parents house, so the first thing I did when I got here was start looking for a house. Now I know it needs a lot of work, but I wanted to make sure I had it by the time my birthday rolled around because I was really hoping that you'd have a change of heart and come up and help me celebrate. I didn't tell you in case you did decide to come up because I wanted it to be a surprise. So...are you surprised?"
"I'm shocked! I can't believe you bought a house."
"I didn't want you to have any excuse not to come up here. Cole Harbour is my home. I'm going to be spending my summers here and I want you here with me. I want a place that's just ours; where we can come and relax and just be Sid and Bekah."
"Sidney, I don't know what to say."
"Say you'll stay here with me tonight and help me celebrate my first night in my first house."
"First night? You haven't stayed here yet?"
"No. I didn't want to sleep here until you were here to share it with me."
"And what if I hadn't come up here?"
"Then I would have waited until you did. Like I said, there's a lot of work that needs to be done, so it's not like I was planning on moving right in, but for now it's livable, so we can at least sleep here. What do you say?"
"I say...I can't believe you bought a pink house!"
"It's not pink; it's coral!"
"Whatever Crosby! You bought a pink house," I teased as I got up and started running towards the pink building.
"Oh, you don't seriously think you can out-run me do you?" he said jumping up and chasing after me.
"Why not? I can out-skate you!"
"I cannot believe you just brought that up! Your ass is mine now Jones!"
"You gotta catch me first!" I yelled behind me.
I was just about to reach the small patio when I felt his strong arms around my waist pulling me to the ground. We rolled twice before coming to a stop with him on top of me.
"Caught ya!" he said breathlessly.
"You did...now what are you going to do with me?"
That crooked little grin that I love so much spread across his lips and he simply said, "this."
His plump, pillowy lips were ravaging mine and all the pent up tension that had built up inside our bodies from being apart for three months was bubbling to the surface. We drank each other in like we had spent those three months in a desert deprived of water. Hands were everywhere, desperately reaching for the contact they craved. I was almost to the point where I couldn't take anymore when Sid abruptly stopped and sat up.
'Not again!' I thought.
"Can you give me like...two minutes?" he asked.
All I could do was nod.
Sid disappeared into the house and there I sat, on the cool, damp grass wondering what the hell just happened.
Before I had time to form any sort of coherent thought, Sidney returned with a single yellow rose in hand.
"This is for you," he said sweetly, offering me the delicate flower.
"Thank you," I replied taking the rose from his hand and immediately inhaling the sweet scent it offered.
"Beks," he started, after taking my hand in his. "This is not at all how I pictured my birthday turning out. Never in a million years did I think that this night would start out with my girlfriend slapping another girl."
"Please, let's not relive that. That bitch has taken up too much of our time already," I interrupted.
"All I'm trying to say is, that despite getting off to a rough start, this birthday has been more than I ever hoped it would be. You being here is the best birthday present I could have ever wished for and I am so, so happy you're here with me."
"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," I said before leaning in and kissing the tip of his nose.
"Bekah, I love you so much. I want to share everything with you. I want you by my side as I experience things for the first time, like this house. I mean, it's only fitting that I spend the first night in my first house with my first love right?"
I looked lovingly into his eyes and kissed him like I had never kissed him before. In one swift movement I was in his arms and we were headed towards the house. Like a groom carrying his bride over the threshold for the first time, we entered this place that was soon to hold so many 'first' memories for us. We made our way down a long hallway, and when we came to the last door he whispered, "close your eyes."
I did as instructed.
"Don't open them until I tell you to."
I simply nodded.
We made our way through a doorway and when he said "okay, open your eyes," I could hardly believe what they were seeing. My breath caught in my throat, and as Sidney gently lowered me to the ground, I held onto his arm for support.
What I was seeing was like something I'd only seen in a magazine or in movies. An enormous bed covered in white linens was in the centre of the room in front of a wall of windows that looked out over the lake. The moon was reflecting off the water making a beautiful backdrop. On the opposite wall was a fireplace, whose flames helped cast a warm glow throughout the entire room. There were candles on every flat surface in the room which filled the air with the sweet smell of strawberries and helped add to the ambiance.
"Oh Sidney, this is absolutely beautiful."
He turned me so I was facing him and rested his forehead against mine.
"No, you're beautiful Bekah," he whispered. "I still can't believe how lucky I am."
"What makes you think that you're the lucky one?"
"Because you chose me. After so much heartache, you chose me to be the first man in your life. You chose me to be the first man to be allowed in your kid's lives. You chose me to be the one you opened your heart up to and allowed yourself to fall in love with. I am so grateful that you chose me for all these firsts in your life and so grateful that you're the one who is here for so many firsts in my life."
Sidney placed a hand on each of my cheeks and held my face in his hands like it was as delicate as the rose he had given me only moments before.
"You are the only one I want to share all my firsts with and tonight is definitely a night of firsts. When I said you being here was the best birthday present I could have wished for, I lied. There is one more thing I could wish for that would make this birthday perfect and you are the only one who can make that wish come true."
"You know I'd do anything to make you happy," I smiled.
"My final birthday wish is that tonight be the first night, I get to sleep in my first house, and make love for the first time to the first woman I've ever loved. Do you think you can make my birthday wish come true Bekah?" he asked softly.
A single tear rolled down my cheek.
"Yes."

10 comments:

Zigh said...

OHHH LORD!

Ok... I don't even know where to start with this one...

First off, congrats on one hundred updates!! That's huge! I'm pretty sure if I ever tried to do it, the entire story would be complete crap, but yet, you've managed and your story is one of the best I've ever read.

Sidney was so sweet in this update... seriously, everything.

The fact that he bought a house for them, and the fact that he didn't want to sleep in it until she was there... I mean, come on! That's just totally adorable.

And the last part... le swoon! I really, really hope everything goes ok for them! They do tend to have fairly awful luck sometimes, and now would be a really bad time for that to happen lol.

Can't wait for the next one =)

Cathy said...

Yes!!! Finally!! Congrats on the 100 chapters, this has always been one of my favorite Sid stories. In fact this is one of the first ones I read and it made me fall in love with him too!! That was a big task considering at the time I was a huge Caps fan, lol!! Now I'm all about the Pens and Sid!!

JustAWriter said...

Congrats on 100 chapters...this was the first fan fiction I ever found and read and now I'm hooked

Secondly FINALLY...they have been through so much and now they are finally ready to take the next step


great great great update

Anonymous said...

uh, you need to update like NOW! i need to know what happens. i mean i already have a good idea, but i still want to know!

i love this story!

EHisCDN said...

Congrats to both you on 100 updates and congrats to Sid and Bekah as they take the next step in their relationship.

Honestly that was one of the sweetest chapters I have ever read and this story is the reason I got addicted to fanfiction. Honestly, this was the first story I read and now I'm hooked.

I hope Bekah doesn't feel too much pressure, with all these firsts in one night.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 100!! I love your writing, now go update! :)

Aeryn said...

OH MY GOD!!!! Honestly, this kid is PERFECT... or just about anyways. This seriously was an awesome chapter. Sid was so incredibly sweet, honestly he was the guy that every girl dreams of in this chapter. Congrats on 100!

Jay said...

I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said by anyone else.

Congratulations on 100 chapters! I think you need to be commended, not only on reaching this number, but for having 100 GREAT chapters.

Against All Odds is the first hockey-related fanfic I read, and it's what made me decide to post mine. It looks like a lot of other people have felt that way, too, and I think it's something to be proud of!

I loved this chapter. It was simple and sweet. Is it too much to ask for 100 more?!

pensfan4life said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your wonderful sentiments. It means more than I could ever put into words. When I started this story, I was just hoping someone would find it and read it. You all have far exceeded any expectations I had.
And Jay...if I don't get my butt in gear and get on with the story, it's definitely wouldn't be too much to ask for 100 more!
Much love everyone!
~B~

Val said...

I have read this story from the beginning, as well, in fact, like Jay, I think it was the very first one I started reading. I love it as much now as I did in the beginning, and it keeps getting better and better...thanks for writing it for us!