"Mon petit bijou!" Max yelled through the crowded airport. "I can't believe you're finally here!"
He wrapped me in a great big hug and then did the same with both boys.
"C'mon, let's go get your bags cause I need to get you home before my mom explodes!"
"What does that mean?" I asked.
"She is sooooooo excited to meet you she can hardly contain herself!"
"What exactly did you tell her about me?"
"Nothin' really; just that you are the most beautiful, amazing woman in the whole world and that you're my best friend."
"She does know that we're just friends right?" I asked grabbing one of our bags of the luggage carousel.
"Yes. I've told her all about Brittany too, so don't worry."
I was really hoping that was one name I wouldn't have to hear on this trip.
We pulled up to a cute little white house and before we were even out of the car, Max's mom came running out of the house and wrapped me in the tightest hug I think I ever experienced.
"It's so great to finally meet you Bekah. Oooh let me get a look at you," she said pulling away and giving me the once over. "My son hardly did you justice in his description; you are gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!"
"Thank you Mrs. Talbot, it's great to finally meet you too."
"Oh, please don't call me Mrs. Talbot, that's my mother-in-law; just call me mom. And these two handsome young men must be Alex and Jake."
"Hello Mrs. Talbot," the said in unison causing Max and his mother to laugh.
"Please call me Lucie boys. Would you like to see where you'll be sleeping for the next few days?"
"Yeah!"
"Maxime, take them up to your old room and get them settled while I take Bekah to her room."
"Sure Ma. Let's go boys!"
Alex and Jake followed Max and I followed Lucie. When we got to the room that I would be staying in she didn't waste any time pumping me for information.
"So, tell me about this Brittany that Maxime is supposedly dating."
"Supposedly?"
"I don't believe anything until I see it with my own eyes, especially when it comes to Maxime and girls. So what's she like?"
"I'm probably not the best person to answer that Mrs. Tal...uh mom? That's a little weird don't ya think? Is it all right if I call you Lucie?"
"Yes dear, whatever is comfortable for you. Tell me about this girl who has captured the uncapturable heart of my son."
"I'd really rather not. If you haven't met her yet, I don't want anything I say to alter you opinion when you do."
"I knew it! You don't like her do you? Why? Is she one of those, puck bunnies? Max says she didn't even know he played hockey, but I don't believe him, so come on; spill it."
"Lucie please, I don't want to be on the wrong side of this again. Max and I didn't speak for a long time because of her and I am not going to let that happen again."
"Max told me about your fight. Don't worry, anything you say will stay between us. Promise."
I don't know why but I felt like I could trust Lucie. We went downstairs and began to make dinner. Max, the boys, and Sarge, Max's dad, were outside throwing a football around. Lucie and I watched through the window.
"She's horrible Lucie. She is conniving and backstabbing and completely full of crap! She knew exactly who Max was and pretended she didn't. He flirted with her and she saw him as a way to get to what she really wants."
"And what's that?"
"Sidney. She doesn't even like Max Lucie, she's using him to try and get to Sid and what's worse, is she knows that Sid and I are together and she doesn't care."
"Do Max and Sidney know."
"I told them when I first found out and that's why Max didn't speak to me for weeks. He accused me of not wanting him to be happy; ugh, it was a disaster. Sid didn't believe me at first, but he does now. I figured keep your friends close and your enemies closer right? So, I swallowed my pride and apologized to Max so I could keep my eye on her."
"And how's that going?"
"Well, it was okay. We all have dinner together occasionally. So far she hasn't really tried anything, but I'm very cautious. I'm hoping the summer will cool her off and she'll find someone else to obsess over."
Lucie was shaking her head. "For all Max's womanizing, he always has been clueless when it comes to girls. Thank god he has you to look out for him."
"The hardest part is he really likes her and if what I think is going to happen, happens, he'll be devastated."
"You'll be there for him dear. He'll survive; he's a Talbot."
My four days in Montreal with Max and his family were amazing. His brothers and him kept me very entertained. To be honest, I don't know how there wasn't a trip to the hospital every time they were together!
Lucie and I bonded as well. I loved her; she was the most amazing woman and reminded me very much of my grandmother. She certainly made me miss her more than I already did.
As great as this time was, I just wanted to see Sidney. I missed him so much it physically hurt, which I knew wasn't really possible, but it did. I was so close to seeing him now I could taste it. Max gave me the low down on his plan just before we were about to land in Halifax.
"So, you and the boys are going to stay at the Crosby's until part way through the party. I thought it would be a better surprise if you showed up when he was least expecting it."
"Um won't Sidney see us if were at his house?"
"He's not going to be there. He's going to be where the party is."
"And where's that?" I asked.
"I can't tell you that, but I can tell you it's not his parent's house."
"Max, I'm not really comfortable being at the Crosby's house alone. I don't know them that well and even though Troy and I called a trues, I don't want to push my luck."
"It'll be fine bijou, it's only for a few hours. Just trust me okay? I swear I've taken care of everything."
"Fine, but I swear Talbot, if anything goes wrong you're not gonna know what hit you."
We were just picking up the last bag when I heard a voice that sent shivers through my entire body.
"Maxie!"
"Please tell me that's not who I think it is?"
I turned around just in time to see blond hair and big boobs bouncing towards us.
"Maxie, I missed you," she said jumping in to Max's arms and putting on a totally inappropriate, not to mention fake display of public affection I'd ever seen. When they finally broke apart, half the airport was staring at us and I felt sick to my stomach.
"Oh, hi Bekah," she said plastering a fake smile on her face.
"Brittany, I had no idea you'd be here."
"Oh well Maxie wanted to tell you but I thought it would be better if it were a surprise."
"Well, I'm surprised all right."
"And who are these two good looking boys?" she asked in a sickening little girl voice that made me want to punch her.
"Relax Brittany, they're a little too young for you."
"That's funny Bekah. I didn't know you had a sense of humour."
"You don't know alot of things about me that might surprise you," I retorted.
'LIKE I KNOW ALL ABOUT YOUR LITTLE PLAN AND IF YOU SO MUCH AS LAY A FINGER ON MY BOYFRIEND, I WILL RIP YOUR ARMS OFF AND BEAT YOU WITH THEM!'
"Ladies, shall we go get the car before there's any bloodshed," Max said sarcastically.
The entire ride to the Crosby's was spent listening to the bimbo talk about her friends and her summer and her cute bathing suits and going to the beach and her tan and blah, blah, blah. Every once in a while I'd look over at the boys and Alex would roll his eyes and stick his finger down his throat like he was pretending to puke. I loved that kid!
When we arrived at the Crosby's, we were greeted by Trina and Taylor which delighted the boys.
"Welcome dear," Trina said giving me a warm hug.
"Thank you so much Mrs. Cros..."
"Ah ah ah..."
"Sorry...Trina. Thank you so much for letting us stay here, I know it must be a huge inconvenience."
"Nonsense, it's no bother really, and Taylor is thrilled to have other kids in the house."
"Alex and Jake are excited too."
"Well, let's get in in house and get you settled. Max, you get those bags and bring them in won't you?"
"Yes, Mrs. C.," Max said obediently after placing a kiss on her cheek.
"And this must be...?" Trina hinted.
"Oh, I'm Brittany. I'm Max's girlfriend. It's so great to meet you Trina, your son is an amazing hockey player."
"Call me Mrs. Crosby, and thank you," Trina said coolly making Brittany disappear back to the car with Max.
"Flavour of the week?" Trina asked me.
"You have no idea," I said shaking my head.
"I take it you're not a fan?"
"That is a HUGE understatement."
Trina chuckled and put her arm around me as we walked into the house.
"Is Troy here?" I asked.
"No, he's with Sid helping him get ready for the party."
"So where is this shindig going to be, I assumed it was going to be here."
Max and Trina exchanged glances and she said "No, Sid wanted his party to be by the lake this year."
"Nice. Trina do you mind if I take a shower, I feel disgusting after the flight?"
"No problem, I'll show you where it is."
When I returned to the kitchen the conversation abruptly stopped and changed subjects.
"Well, you two better go get ready because Sidney is expecting us around five."
Max and Brittany went to freshen up and change and left me and Trina to our own devices.
We talked about anything and everything; the boys; the hospital; Troy and Taylor; Brittany; everything.. She had about the same opinion of Brittany as I did, even though it was for a different reason. I couldn't imagine what she'd think if I told her she had her eye on her son!
"I don't like her. She's fake. I hate fake people," she said.
"I know, I feel the same way, but she's Max's girlfriend so I bite my tongue."
"Just be careful not to bite it off," Trina replied causing us both to laugh.
"What's so funny?" Brittany asked as she walked back into the kitchen.
My eyes nearly bulged right out of my head when I saw what she was wearing. A barely there tank top type shirt, if you could call it that and a skirt I was sure wasn't even covering her ass.
"Oh my dear, do you have anything on under that?" Trina asked.
"My bathing suit. You did say the party was at the lake right?"
"Yes. Make sure you take warmer clothes with you, It gets very cold by the water at night," Trina told her.
"Oh, okay. I'll go get some."
Trina and I burst out laughing and Max came through the door and asked the same question his girlfriend did.
"Nothing," I said breathlessly.
"Just girl stuff," was Trina's reply.
Brittany came back and her, Max, Trina and Taylor got ready to go to the party.
"Okay, so about 7:00, I'm going to tell Sid we need more ice and I'm going to come and pick you guys up, are you okay with that?"
"Sure, you're the man with the plan Max."
"There's lots of food in the fridge, but there's lots at the party too."
"Okay, we'll be fine. Have fun!"
The party was in full swing and everyone was having a great time. Sid was enjoying himself but he would have been happier if he was celebrating with Bekah. True to his word Max, told Sid they were out of ice and he was going to go get some.
"No, stay man, I can go get some," Sidney said.
"No way! You're the host, you can't go anywhere. Stay, have a good time. I'll be back before you know it."
"Thanks Talbo, I appreciate it.
"Brit you coming?" Max asked.
"I think I'll stay here. I'm having a good time and I'll help Mrs. Crosby with the food if she needs it."
"Okay babe, I'll be back soon."
The car ride to the party was excruciating. It had been almost two months since I'd seen Sidney and I just wanted to have his lips on mine.
"Are we close yet?" I asked Max impatiently.
"Are you having a seizure?" he asked looking down at my shaking leg.
"Max, I miss him. I just want to get to him."
"Well good cause we're here."
Trina came out the front door of the large house with Taylor right behind her. Taylor had strict instructions to take the boys for a walk through the little woods that were at the side of the property before coming back into the house.
"Everyone is out back," she told us. "Sidney is in the kitchen, so I'll go around back and you guys go in and deliver the surprise. I can't wait to see his face!" Trina said like a giddy school girl.
I walked in with Max behind me pointing me towards the kitchen. As we got closer he stepped in front of me so he could shield me, keeping my presence a surprise. When he stopped abruptly, I walked right into the back of him. He didn't budge.
"Max?" I whispered, "what's wrong?"
When he didn't respond, I took it upon myself to step out from behind him and regretted it as soon as I did.
I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. I couldn't blink. The sight my eyes were seeing would forever be etched into my brain.
Her hands were tangled up in his hair. His hands were around her wrists. Her lips were touching his.
HER LIPS WERE TOUCHING HIS!
I came to my senses and realized that Max hadn't moved or spoke. I pushed my way by him and through the doorway. I cleared my throat and said...
"Happy birthday Sidney."
10 comments:
hmmmm interested in where this is going to go....
ohhh. That last part about what'll happen to the bimbo if she so much as touches Sid- that was in quote marks.....that means Bekah actually said it outloud to her. Right??? So awesome. I don't know how, but I sense that the sh*t is about to hit the fan in this story.
-elle
fjghgkjdf OHH MYZ GOD!
i hope she just attacked him out of the blue, and he was trying to pull her off.
ohh sidney. what have you done.
I had to read the last part twice to make sure Sid's hands were on her wrist not her waist!
Wow!! I hope Sid wasn't kissing her back!! Can't wait to see what happens next!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with MSD
I had to re-read it and make sure that he was holding her wrists and not her waist.
I honestly can't see Sidney just up and deciding he doesn't want Bekah anymore so... I'm gonna go with the bitch jumped on him...
and if that's the case... let the wild rumpus start!! BAHAHA she's about to get bossed by EVERYONE! (I hope!)
Don't leave us hanging, please!
Holy cow!!! I hope the girl get's her behind beat!
wow. the first ime I read this, the part about Bekah at the party hadn't been posted yet. I hope somebody smacks that ho.
-elle
"I hope somebody smacks that ho" comment had me in stitches.
I love how kids are so perceptive, like Alex knowing instinctively that blonde bimbo (I can't remember her name) was a loser.
Btw I don't get why girls think that wearing skimpy clothes will attrack attention, well attention that is worth having...
When is Max going to realize how stupid blonde bimbo is...I mean everyone in his life hates her they must have some reason for it.
I'm with MSD and Zigh, I had to reread that he had his hands on her wrists and not her waist.
I hope that something goes down, and I'm hoping it's blonde bimbo.
Post a Comment