"What a night," Sid sighed as he sat back on the couch and closed his eyes.
"You don't have to say that twice," I said joining him. I loved the way I fit perfectly against his body. "I need some aspirin, my head is pounding."
"Oh, poor baby. I'll get you some."
"Sid, you don't have to get me aspirin in my own house."
"Are you kidding? That's what I'm here for princess, to serve your every need." A sly smile appeared across those gorgeous lips.
It was strange to watch him move through my house so naturally and fluidly. Considering how little time he actually spent here, watching him you'd think he had lived here for years. But that's the way things were with us: natural, fluid, familiar. We were still getting to know each other, but it was like we'd known each other forever; we often could finish each others' sentences.
Sid returned with the aspirin and a glass of water. "Here, take these," he commanded.
"Thank you," I said kissing him gently on the lips. I was about to pull away when I felt his hand snake around my neck and up through my hair, keeping my lips pressed to his. Gently and with great precision he parted my lips and deepened the kiss. Every fibre of my being felt like it was on fire. As the kissing intensified, I became more tense. I wanted him, there was no denying it, but the thought of being intimate with Sidney terrified me. Sid sensed the tension and slowly pulled away.
"I'm sorry," he whispered. "It's just so hard sometimes. I don't think you realize the effect you have on me."
"Oh, I'm pretty sure I have an idea," trying to put the throbbing between my legs out of my mind. "It's not easy for me either."
"Come here."
"I'm right here."
"Lay down," he instructed patting the pillow he placed on his lap.
I laid down with my head in his lap.
"Now close your eyes."
I looked at him questioningly.
"Close them."
"Yes sir."
I closed my eyes and he began to massage my temples.
"Mmmm."
"Feel good princess?"
"Your hands are amazing, please don't stop."
He massaged for what seemed like forever. "Is that better?"
"Much, thank you."
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"She was horrible. All the questions she asked, all the snide comments she made...ugh. I don't want to think about her anymore."
"Well, look at it this way; it may have been torture for you, but Max is on cloud nine and that's why you did this right?"
"Right. I can't remember seeing Max smile so much. I'm glad he's happy."
"Even though its with the...what do you call her? The bimbo?"
I chuckled. It was kind of funny to hear him call her that. "I just want him to be happy. Yes I would prefer it wasn't with a snotty bitch who wants to sleep with my boyfriend, but sooner or later she's gonna shoot herself in the foot."
"And you'll be there to pick up the pieces. Max is lucky to have you Beks, you're an amazing friend."
"Thank you."
"And an even more amazing girlfriend," he said leaning in to kiss me once again. "I love you," he whispered.
"I love you too," I said before touching my lips to his.
It wasn't long before I was lost; lost in his lips, lost in his arms, lost in my own thoughts. I wasn't sure how it happened, but i found myself on his lap, struggling to straddle his massive thighs. My hands were tangled in his now lengthy curls. His hands were like ice as they slid ever so slowly up my back beneath my shirt, but I was barely phased. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach and I wasn't sure what it was. I could feel all the apprehension from before slowly melting away with every inch of skin that he touched; my fears being replaced by the raw passion I could barely contain.
"Sidney," I said breathlessly.
"Mmmhmm,"
"The boys are at a sleep over," I said between kisses. "They won't be home until noon tomorrow."
Sid came to a dead stop and his gorgeous golden eyes were staring intently into mine.
"What does that mean?" he asked cautiously.
I smiled and leaned in to whisper in his ear.
"Stay with me tonight."
Not another word was spoken. He took me by the hand and led me to the bedroom.
*******************************************************************
"I'm so sorry, but I can't do this."
"Oh thank God, me either," I said trying to catch my breath after what amounted to a steamy make out session.
We both rolled away from each other and on to our backs. I looked at him and he looked at me and we both broke out into hysterics.
"We're horrible," he said trying to catch his breath.
"Pathetic really," I added.
I propped myself up on my elbow and looked at him. He knew by the look on my face that fun time was over.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"Do you think we're ever going to seal the deal?"
"Come here," he said pulling into his body; right to the spot I fit so perfectly. He kissed my forehead and stroked my hair.
"Beks, when the time is right, it will happen and it will be..." he trailed off.
"It will be what?"
"Magic."
"But what if it doesn't happen?"
"It will."
"What if it takes like two years?"
"Then I guess my hand will hurt," he said trying to lighten the mood.
"To much information dear. Seriously Sid. Are you telling me that you're still going to be around in two years if you're not getting any?"
"You see to be forgetting that it's not just you Beks, it's me too. Maybe I won't be ready for five years. Are you going to stick it out?"
I just gave him a look of disbelief.
"What? It could happen," he said. "You need to stop thinking this way and just chill out. We have a great relationship; just take things as they come."
"You're right," I sighed. "I think too much."
"Yeah you do. But that's one of the reasons I love you so much. What brought all this on anyway?"
"Ugh, do you really have to ask?"
"What, she brought up our sex life?"
"No, she just has that weaselly way of planting that seed of doubt. I hate that I let her get to me."
"Well don't. I am not going anywhere."
"That's not exactly true is it?"
"What do you mean?"
"Just another wonderful point She brought up."
"That is...?"
"There's only two weeks left in the season."
"And?"
"And, where are you going when it's over?"
"Home. Ohhhhhhhh."
The light bulb went off.
"And where does that leave us? Week long road trips are brutal enough. How are we going to survive five months apart?"
"The same way we are surviving separations now, but I was kinda hoping that you'd be coming up and spending some time with me and get to know regular Sid, not hockey Sid."
"Sid, you know that's not possible. I can't just take months off of work. And where would I stay? At your parent's house with you? That would go over well. And nobody is supposed to know about us, how would you explain that? Someone would surely find out. Cole Harbour is a small town. And what about the kids? They don't know about us. How would I explain a vacation to visit you?"
"Well I was kind of thinking we could change that."
"Change what?"
"We have to hide our relationship from the whole world; it would be nice not to have to hide it in your own house."
"You want me to tell the boys about us? I don't know if that's such a good idea."
"Beks, I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, but from the time I've spent with them, they're ready. They want you to start dating; they want you to be happy. And they're smart kids. They're going to figure it out sooner or later."
"I know you're right,, but it's tough. It's been just me and them for so long and to all of a sudden have this man in their lives...what if something happens? What if things don't work out between us? What if we don't make it being apart for five months? Then I have to rip another man out of their lives and I don't know if I can do that to them."
"I told you, I am not going anywhere. I know five months seems like a long time, but we can work it out. I can come back and visit you, you can come up and visit me, hopefully for my birthday, actually our birthdays, and if the boys know about us, it won't be difficult to explain. And we'll talk every day. Look beautiful, I don't want to to worry your pretty little head about what's going to happen over the off season. It's us. We're solid and we love each other; we can get through anything."
Who was this man that was breaking down the wall I had worked so long and so hard to build; the man who was nearly convincing me to throw out every rule and principle I ever had?
He was Sidney Crosby. A man that could instantly turn you to mush with one smile and one wink of his beautiful golden eyes. A man who was so charming and charismatic that he could sell snow to the Eskimos. A man so hypnotizingly handsome you went weak in the knees at the mere sight of him. He was Sidney Crosby and he was undoubtedly the love of my life.
"Fine, I'll tell them."
"We'll tell them."
I looked up at him and smiled. "We'll tell them."
"Good. Now that that's settled, I am exhausted, can we go to sleep?"
"Yes, we can go to sleep."
Sid gave me one more good night kiss before curling up behind me and wrapping his arm around me.
"Does that mean I'll be allowed to sleep over more?" he asked kissing my neck.
"Let's not push it Romeo. Baby steps, baby steps."
"I love you Bekah."
"I love you too Crosby."
His breathing soon became deep and even and I knew he was already in dreamland. I on the other hand, was not so lucky. At that moment in time I had never felt more safe and relaxed and more terrified all at the same time. I couldn't help but feel that my whole life was about to be turned upside down.
5 comments:
I am soooo ecstatic that you updated. Didn't see this intimate part coming after the last posting...with whats-her-name.
Looking forward to the next one.
Great update!!! Can't wait to see what happens once they tell the boys and what happens once Sid goes home for all those months!!
I was so happy when I saw an update!!
I can't wait to see the boy's reaction =)
The bimbo wasn't even physically in this one and I still hate her... I can't WAIT till she does something stupid lol
Fantastic update =D
I, too, am so happy you updated. Loved this chapter, and the fact that they decided to tell the boys! I think it will be an interesting summer :)
Update, update! Yay!
This was just soo wonderful. I love their quiet moments together. I'm sure the boys are going to be ridiculously excited, and I love that they're starting to tell people. I understand why they're taking it slow, but they're crazily in love and need to let everyone know!!
And as for the bimbo... she can't keep up this charade forever. Poor Max. But Beks will help him through it. Great update!
Post a Comment