Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy opening day of the NHL season!!! Unfortunately for me it is an unhappy day forever veiled in darkness as I watched through tear filled eyes as my Joe's number 19 was raised to the rafters in the Pepsi Centre tonight. Until 6:53 pm MST this evening, I held out hope that he would in fact realize he had made a mistake and would surprise everyone and be in the line up for the Avalanche home opener as he has been every season for the past 14 years. Sadly, I have to accept that Super Joe will not be returning to the ice.
As sad as this reality is for me and the other Joe Sakic fans of the world, I am comforted by the fact that this phenomenal hockey player will now be able to be the phenomenal husband and father that he so desires to be. Joe took so much from his family so he could give so much to his team, his fans and the city of Denver. Joe, we thank you and your family for all you have sacrificed in order to give us, the fans the gift of being amazed by your talent, your leadership, your humility and your spirit night after night. I am honoured to have graced your presence. Enjoy your retirement and your family; you sure deserve it.
On a happier note... championship banner raising tommorrow night!!! (Great, more tears, but these ones will be happy tears!)

Now as for my story.... I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the lack of updates lately but I have been up to my eyeballs in essays, and reports, and working full time, and lesson plans, and workshops and my own kids, and so on and so on and so on. (I know many of you relate and feel my pain). I have two major assignments due by Sunday and my goal is to have them wrapped up by game time tommorrow night so I can update this weekend. Please don't give up on me and stay tuned...

No comments: