Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chapter 91

Max's POV
I spent the next 10 minutes sitting in my car not being able to move. I was...I don't really know what I was. Numb? Devastated? Heartbroken? Furious? Disappointed? Hurt? Yep, all of them! That pretty much summed up how I was feeling right now. My best friend, the person I came to when I needed someone to talk to; when I needed someone to hang out with; when I needed a shoulder to cry on; when I needed someone to tell me that I was being an idiot; when I needed to feel like someone actually could love me; the only female who ever liked me for me; my best friend Bekah, just smashed my heart into a million little pieces. She was supposed to be supportive. She was supposed to like Brittany almost as much as I did and the four of us were supposed to be like the four Musketeers. Inseparable. Hang out together; go out for dinner together; all the stuff that all the other guys got to do with their girlfriends but I was never included in because I never had a "girlfriend". Sid either for that matter. Up until he met Bekah, it was always him and I that would hang out together when the guys were out together with their girlfriends, when he wasn't driving me nuts that is. I was always envious of that time the guys spent together in the "couples" groups and this was my chance to finally be part of that. Bekah and Brittany were going to be the ones to turn things around for me. Guess that was too much to ask for.
I wiped the tears that has fallen down my cheeks and drove away from my best friend's house; well my former best friends house.
I don't understand why Bekah would make up such horrible lies about Brit. She only had one dinner with her. How can you hate someone so much after only what? An hour and a half that you feel the need to say such vile things about them?
As I drove, Bekah's words just kept running through my mind. Brittany did not spend the whole night talking to Sid. Did she? And did she seriously expect me to believe that she overheard Brit on the phone telling someone she didn't like me but was gonna use me to get to Sid? I don't think so! But why would she lie about that? How would she even come up with a lie like that?
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know! All I know is I feel empty because I just lost my best friend.
A month later....
"Lil, I don't know what to do anymore!" I said exasperated. "It's been a month and Max still won't talk to me. It's killing me."
"I don't know what to tell you hun," Lily said taking a sip of her coffee. "What does Sidney say?"
"Ugh, he is absolutely NO help! He just keeps telling me to give it time; that Max will come around but he's not. He won't give me any info on how Max is doing or how things are going with the bimbo, nothing! It's like he'd be breaking some damn guy code or something! It pisses me off, but I'm not going to push the issue."
"Does he believe you yet?"
"I don't think so. He's only been around them a couple of times and nothing has happened so he says. We don't really talk about it because it usually results in me crying and Sid hates to see me cry. Things have actually been soooo good between us, I don't want to screw it up."
"Good plan."
"Sometimes I get so frustrated I just want to scream. Why couldn't you have hooked up with Max way back when instead of going home with that guy from college? You could have hooked up, fallen madly in love and all this could have been avoided!"
"Yeah, cause I'm the kind of girl to settle down! Helloooo, have you ever met me?"
"I know, I know, but maybe Max would be the guy to turn you around!"
"Beks, maybe Sid's right. Maybe he just needs some more time then he'll come crawling back."
I was quiet for a minute. "Did you know that since the day we met, Max and I never went more that 12 hours without talking to each other?"
"Oh hun, I'm sorry," she said while rubbing my arm. "I wish there was something I could do."
"At this point, I don't think there's anything anyone can do."
"Have you tried calling him?"
"More times than I'd like to admit to. He won't return any of my messages."
"Have you tried apologizing?"
"Apologize! For what? I didn't do anything wrong, I told him the truth. He asked what my opinion was and I told him. I wasn't and still am not willing to stand by and let this bimbo hurt my best friend."
"I know that, and you know that, but maybe it's a way to get your foot in the door. Maybe you've been taking the wrong approach here! Just think about it...if you apologize and you guys make up, then you can start hanging out with them again."
"The last thing I want to do is spend time with that bimbo!"
"You're not seeing the big picture here Bekah. Right now you and Max aren't talking and you have no idea what's going on in their relationship and more importantly, in that little head of hers. If you apologize and make up then you're back in! You can monitor the situation and keep your eye on her and your man. What's that saying...keep your friends close and your enemies closer?"
It was like a lightbulb went off in my head. "I can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier! You are so right! I don't need to try and keep her away from him, I need to be her friend and watch her self destruct!"
"Now you're thinking!"
"Oooh, there's just one small problem with that plan, well two actually."
"What's that?"
"I need to know what Max told Brittany. If he told her what I told her about overhearing her conversation, she'll never believe that I want to be her friend."
"Good point. Maybe Sid will be willing to part with that information. What's the second problem?"
"Sidney and Max both know when I'm lying. If I'm going to pull this off, I need a performance that's Oscar worthy."
"Think about what's at stake here. Your boyfriend, your best friend; other best friend that is, and your happiness. I'm pretty sure that's enough motivation for you."
"You're right," I said picking up my phone.
"Who are you calling?"
"Sid."
"Yeah, hello?" he said breathless.
"Hey, did I catch you at a bad time?"
"No, no. I'm just getting off the bike. What's up?"
"I need to ask you something and I really need you to give me a straight answer."
"Okay, you've peaked my curiosity."
"I know you've got some guy code thing goin' on but I need to know what Max told Brittany about our fight. More specifically, I need to know if he told her that I overheard her phone conversation."
"Beks, why can't you just let this go for now?"
"Because my best friend hasn't talked to me in a month and I'm miserable. I've had enough. Someone has to put a stop to it and it's going to be me."
"What does that mean?"
"It means I'm going to apologize and hope that Max will forgive me."
"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you, Rebekah Katherine Jones, just say you were going to apologize?"
"Yes I did, now please, can you answer my question? Did he tell her what I said."
"He'd kill me if he knew I was talking to you about this."
"Sidney..."
"No. No he didn't tell her. He didn't want to hurt her by telling her what you supposedly overheard. But Beks, I don't know if he's ready to forgive you yet. He's really hurting still."
"So am I. Can you do me one more favour?"
"Anything for you baby."
"When he gets my message, can you maybe...encourage him to hear me out?"
"I'll try, but I'm not making any promises."
"You are the best boyfriend ever ya know that?"
"Yeah I am."
"Okay, I'm going to call him right now. I love you.
"I love you too!"
'I hope this works...for all of our sakes," Sidney thought as he headed for the showers.
"It's a go," I said squeezing Lily's hand excitedly as I dialed Max's number. "Wish me luck!"
"And the Oscar goes to..." she whispered.
"Hi Max, it's me again. Look, I'm not going to beat around the bush. Enough is enough! It's been a month and I am miserable. I miss you and the boys miss you. I need to talk to you. Sid won't tell me anything, but I'm assuming you're still with Brittany which would mean that clearly I was wrong. I owe you an apology but I am not going to beg my best friend for forgiveness over the phone so...the ball's in your court. Please call me. Okay, I miss you and I love you. Bye Maxie."
"Good call playing the kid card," Lily said as I snapped my phone shut. "So now what?"
"Now...we wait."

6 comments:

Zigh said...

lol cheers to lily for the plan!

Ugh! I can't wait for Bekah to prove them all wrong! (Evil of me?)

I'm still scared that bimbo will make a move on Sidney, I think I'll bawl if anything happens to them.

You're story is amazing and I really can't wait to see what happens next =D

EHisCDN said...

ohh nice plan! I hope she can figure out a way to expose that bimbo!

I've been checking back daily to see if there was an update, and I'm glad there finally is one.

Jay said...

Good luck Beks! Gah, I can't wait to see what happens! I hope Max forgives her, so she can show them all that she was right all along and Brit is a stupid lying witch!

Val said...

I love the kid card being played, as well...

Awesome update, and I am anxious to see what happens next, as well!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I would soooo be pissed at Sid. He obviously doesn't believe what Bekah said abput the hussie. So, Sid is basically calleing her a liar!!! Bad, bad boyfriend.

Genosgirl71 said...

i love this story i just found it an read it all in a day lol.

check out my newest story an let me know what you think

http://twofortheroad29.blogspot.com/