"Golden boy better have had one hell of an excuse," Max said as I came back into the room.
"Don't start Max, I really am not in the mood for a Sid bashing session."
"A little touchy eh? My guess is then it wasn't a good excuse."
"Depends if a natural disaster is a good excuse."
"Explain."
"Apparently there was a massive snowstorm that covered that whole part of Québec. Houses were buried, there's been no hydro, no phone service and they had to call in the reserves to dig people out. Sid hasn't even made it home yet, he's headed there now."
"A snow storm that big, how come we didn't hear about it?"
"Probably because we've been sequestered in an arena all weekend and we were listening to cd's all the way home, not the radio."
"So why don't you look satisfied with this explanation?"
"I don't want to fight with you Max, so let's just say I am less than impressed about some of the company he had and leave it at that."
"I'm guessing that company was of the female persuasion?"
"Mmm hmm," I mumbled as I laid my head back on the couch and closed my eyes trying not to picture that skank's lips on my boyfriend.
I trusted Sid, I really did. I also knew that girls throwing themselves at him came with the territory, but no matter how many times you tell yourself that, you never know how you're going to feel until something happens.
"Before you say anything Max, he told me everything that happened this week, which I am not going to go into details about, and I believe what he said and we're moving on; end of story."
"Did he...did he actually have the balls to...?"
"He didn't screw around if that's what you're getting at; now can we please change the subject?"
"Fine. Did you tell him about this weekend?" Max asked.
"Yes."
"And?"
"And it's fine."
"He must have done something really bad if he didn't give you a hard time about spending the weekend with me."
"First of all, it's not like we were on some romantic getaway by ourselves all weekend, we were at a kids hockey tournament for crying out loud. Second of all, he didn't do anything. He wasn't exactly happy, but I told him that you and I were becoming close friends and he needed to accept it or we were going to have a problem."
"You stuck up for me; for us?"
"I meant what I said. I feel a deep connection with you Max; I don't know why and I can't really explain it. But what we have is special and I'm not going to choose between the two of you, so you both are going to have to accept it and learn how to co-exist in my life together. Can you handle that?"
"If he can handle it, so can I."
"It's not a competition Max."
"Everything is a competition," he smirked.
When I opened the door, I saw those beautiful caramel eyes that I'd been missing so much staring back at me.
"Welcome back," I said wrapping my arms around his neck.
Sid returned my embrace, lifting me off the ground in the process.
"It's sooo good to be back," he said burying his face in my neck after sending shivers through my entire body by kissing the sweet spot right in the crook.
"Am I too late to see the boys?"
"You just made it. They're getting ready for bed."
"Is it okay if I go back and surprise them?"
"Yes, just try not to get them too wound up okay?"
"Yes dear," he said giving me a quick peck on the cheek.
The squeals of delight was confirmation Sid had succeeded in surprising them. I heard the hooting and hollering and decided to wander back and see what was going on. I watched from the doorway. Sidney was sitting on Alex's bed and Jake was kneeling down, leaning over his back with his arms around Sid's neck resting his chin on his shoulder. Sid was holding Jake's hands in front of him and watching intently as Alex acted out every goal he scored at the tournament. When he was done, Alex collapsed on the bed next to Sid.
"Well it sounds like you had an awesome time. I'm proud of you bud," Sid said ruffling Alex's hair. "You had some pretty sweet moves going on, do you mind if I use some of them?"
"Naw, that's cool," Alex said nonchalantly climbing under his covers.
Jake left to get in his own bed and when Sid got up to leave, Alex spoke up.
"Sid?"
"Yeah bud?"
"I have a confession. I really wanted you to show me some moves but..." he stopped and looked down at his hands.
"But what?"
"But...you weren't here so... I asked Max," he said almost like he was embarrassed. "I hope you're not mad at me."
"Ah bud, of course I'm not mad at you. I was hoping that you weren't mad at me for not being there."
"Naw, I was kinda sad at first but Mom told me that you had to go see your mom because now that you live so far away and because you work so much you never get to see your mom and you miss her and this was the only time you could go see her."
A warm smile appeared across those luscious lips. "Your mom's right. I don't get to see my family very often so I have to go when I get the chance."
"I'd be pretty sad too if I didn't get to see my mom everyday."
"Me too."
"Sid?"
"Yeah?"
"Max is really cool and everything, but would you mind showing me some of your moves sometime?"
"I wouldn't mind at all. We'll do it soon okay?"
"Awesome! You're the best!" Alex said giving Sid a big hug.
Sid went and tucked Jake in too before joining me on the couch. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him.
"Those boys really are amazing you know that?" he asked kissing the top of my head.
"I know, I'm very lucky."
"I don't think luck has anything to do with it. They are who they are because of you. You are incredible you know that?"
"No."
"Well maybe I can show you how incredible I think you are," he whispered bringing his lips towards mine.
Just as he was about to make contact, I stopped him.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"Did you scrub those lips after that puck slut touched them?"
"I thought we were past that," he said with a serious look of distress on his face.
I couldn't really stop the smile from spreading across my face.
Sid rolled his eyes. "Nice Bekah, you sure know how to ruin a moment."
"But you love me anyways," I laughed.
"I do," he said taking my face in his hands. "I love you so much Bekah. More than I ever thought possible. I don't ever want to lose you," he whispered.
"Then you better kiss me," I whispered back.
"I think I can handle that!"
Our lips touched; gently at first and then progressing to the animal hunger we were both feeling. The passion running through my veins was screaming at me to rip the clothes from his body and explore every inch of him. His hands wandered over my body, leaving tingles everywhere they touched. Just when I felt like I was about to explode, he stopped and rested his forehead against mine. He was breathing heavily, and his voice was quiverring when he said, "I have to go."
5 comments:
Okay there is some serious tension between those two, and I think it time Sid talks with Bekah about his "secret" so they might go a little further. Great update, and don't keep us waiting to long!
great chapter...i second the tension in between them...cant wait for the next update
SID! Are you crazy?! You can't leave now!
Can't wait to see what happens when she asks him why he has to leave all of a sudden...
WWWHHHHAAAATTTTT????
I'm with everyone else, the tension is great, but I think it is bothering us as much as them :)
WHATTTTT THE FUCCKKK SID!
ahh nooo don't stop there!
update soon, PLEASE!
Post a Comment