I thought about yesterday as I drove to the rink. Holding her in my arms and waking up next to her was the most peaceful I've felt in a long time. Lying there beside her, watching her sleep, made it seem like there was nothing else going on in the outside world. I was completely at home with her. She was one person I felt that I could totally be myself around and not worry about what she'd think. I felt completely safe when I was with her. There was only one problem. Bekah drove me absolutely wild! Those eyes, those lips, that body! How was I going to be able to keep finding excuses not to be with her without her getting suspicious? How was I going to be able to resist her period?! Feeling her hands all over my body almost drove me to the brink. I wanted her so bad. I wanted so badly to hold her and kiss her and make love to her. But the very thought scared me to death! I have never been with anyone before. What if I was horrible? Would she know how inexperienced I was? Of course she'd know! Talk about pressure! No, this definitely couldn't happen, not right now. Not anytime soon!
"What's up with you today Sid?" Flower asked as we finished up practice.
"Nothing, why?"
"You were, how you say...an animal. So much energy."
"I'm just feeling good. Nothing unusual. Do you want to stay and take some shots, I'm not ready to go quite yet?"
"More shots? From you? Can't you just use the empty net? I don't know if I can handle any more one on one's from you with the way you've been shooting today."
"C'mon Flower, I need the challenge. Not that shooting against you is a real challenge..."
"That was low even for you Sid," Marc said as he lowered his mask and skated back towards the net.
I took a few shots on him and then skated around in circles. This was actually my favourite time. Staying after practice, skating by myself, shooting on the empty net, practising picking up the pucks as they bounce off the boards. It's where I came to do most of my thinking.
"Hey, I thought we were going to grab some lunch?" Army's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, I just wanted some more time on the ice."
"Uh oh. More time on the ice means that something is bothering you and you've recruited Flower to be your tutor shooter. Oh man this can't be good."
Colby skated over to the net and stood beside Flower and they both looked at me with anticipation. I skated around in a few more circles before picking up a puck and stick handling it for a bit.
"You two couldn't be more wrong," I said bouncing the puck on the end of my stick before hitting it baseball style and sending it whizzing right by Flower's head.
"Hey watch it! I didn't even have my mask down!"
"So if you're not pissed about something, what's up?" Army said skating towards me and passing me the puck I'd just shot at Flower's head.
"Nothing. I couldn't be happier really. Well, I would be happier if we were winning, but other than that, I can't complain."
Army had a puzzled look on his face. Finally he had it! "Did you get laid last night or something?" he asked.
"Jesus Christ Army, could you be any more crude?"
"Actually yeah. So did you?"
Army's question had gotten Flower's attention and he now skated towards us at centre ice.
"No. Not that I would tell you if I did, but that's not why I'm happy."
"Does this have something to do with Bekah?" Marc asked.
"Wait, who's Bekah?" was Army's question.
"Bekah is a girl that Sid liked but his dad didn't. He even threatened her to stay away from him."
"Whoa. He didn't threaten her, he just strongly suggested," I found myself trying to defend my dad.
"Yeah, strongly suggested that if she didn't stay away from you it would ruin your career and your reputation."
"What's wrong with this girl?" Colby asked.
"Absolutely nothing. She's beautiful and amazing and smart and beautiful and..."
"And she's a mother!" Flower interrupted.
"Holy fuck! You like a girl with a kid? What the hell's wrong with you Sid?"
"Nothing is wrong with me."
"And it's not just one kid, it's two. And she's been divorced, and her son is the same age as Sid's sister, and she's what? Ten years older than you?"
"Well, I don't know Flower, this seems to be your story. And it's twelve years actually."
"Ten, twelve, who gives a shit! Sid, buddy, listen to me. Old, divorced, mother? What the hell are you thinking? You need to get as far away from this girl as you can. Sorry pal, I'm with your dad on this one! Besides, you're young, and not really my type, but some people think you're hot and you play in the NHL for crying out loud! You can have any girl you want and then some. Explore your options my friend. Get to know a few puck sluts, have some fun!"
"I don't want any of that bullshit. I'm not going to go screw any girl with a heartbeat just because I can. I want to be with someone I'm in love with. I want to be with Bekah."
"Yeah well fat chance of that happening when daddy don't approve."
"Actually, she and my dad worked everything out. He adores her now and I have his support to be with her."
"Has he lost his mind?"
"Wait, did you say LOVE?" Flower asked.
"Yes. I love her. I'm in love with her and she's in love with me too. We are together but we're keeping it very quiet for now. Bekah doesn't want the boys to know yet, so she's only telling Lily and the old couple next door and I'm only telling my family, Mario and you two, so as my best friends, I expect you to keep your mouths shut."
"We can't even tell anyone else on the team?" Colby asked. "We need to recruit some help if we're going to make fun of you for dating an old chick."
"You're not funny Army. And no. No one else knows. Not yet. Everybody already knows were friends anyways, so it won't be hard to explain why we're hanging out."
"Are you sure about this mon ami?"
"Yes Flower, I'm sure. What's with the doubt? I thought you liked Bekah?"
"I do. I adore her actually, and her kids. I just want to make sure you're sure."
"I am. I haven't been this sure about anything except playing hockey."
"Then I'm happy for you."
"Merci Marc. It means alot. Army? What about you?"
He was silent for a moment. "You know I'll support whatever you want buddy, but can I ask you one thing?"
"What?"
"Do you order off the kid's menu when you two go to dinner?"
6 comments:
amazing. so happy to see an update from you.
hope to see more soon. =)
Yay for an update! AHHH don't ever make us wait this long again for an update LOL! I love it and can't wait to see where the inexperienced thing goes. Please post more soon. I LOVE your story!
I'm happy to see an update!
I love when it is in Sid's POV, well anyway i loved the update.
More Soon!!!
Great update, and yes, more soon, please...and that last line from Colby was perfect!
Awww Colby (even fictional Colby) never fails to put a smile on my face!
I love seeing Sid's point of view, and I love that he admitted to his friends that he's in love with her!
More soon, please! Can't wait to see what happens when Bekah finds out Sidney's 'secret'!
an update finally!! I love it, really cute especially how insecure Sid is and Army was being a bit of a pain but I think you nailed what he would be like and the last line was classic
Post a Comment